Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:55:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim moved to college, did not become YA.  (Read 3090 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DanteRien

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:18:37 am »

So, I created two sims in CAS and played them in Pleasantview until they had a baby.
I raised this baby to the point of teenager, and I somehow found the time to max his skills and get a girl to go steady with him.

Now, when in the neighbourhood menu, I selected the "Send Sims To College" thing and selected both the guy and his girlfriend.

They showed up in the Sims State University bin, but when I put them in an empty house, they stayed teenagers. I tried moving them out and putting them into a house with other college students, and they remained teenagers.

--

Does anyone have a fix for this?
I was thinking I could move them back to Pleasantview and send them to college by phone, but I don't know how to move Sims from the University to the Town.

Has anyone had this problem, or know how to fix it?
The most important thing is to keep the skills and relationships.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:38:03 am »

I'm guessing you have InTeen installed.  When you move teenagers to college InTeen overrides the behavior of aging teens on the residential lots to allow for families on campus.  So moving them directly into a house will leave them as teens.  However, if you had moved them into a dorm first, they would have aged properly.  

Try moving them out of the house and into a dorm first, then move to a house.  If for some reason moving them to a dorm doesn't work, you could use InSim to force aging to YA.
DanteRien

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:50:54 am »

Yup. The dorm thing worked.
Now my only worry is that they both have ugly clothing. Thank You!
Galactus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:52:50 am »

I had a similar problem. I am assuming that due to the "admissions package" that comes with the inteenimater flavor pack, my sim wasn't able to call on the phone from his neighborhood and go to college. So I sent my teen sim via the neighborhood route and moved him onto a residential lot on campus...he wouldn't age to YA. So I moved him back to his Hood...back into his old residence with mom and dad...removed the "admissions package" from the downloads folder...and the teen was able to go to college using the phone.

Then I just moved him into the same residential lot on campus and got the animation with his mom there while he moved in with a tear in her eye and the teen aged right there on the spot.

I suppose the insiminator would be the quikest route to just age them but I wanted this sim to go through all the proper channels so I could see the animations and stuff.

As far as moving them back to the hood I can't remember how to do it but I know that you can.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:17:04 pm »

The admissions package means your teens must have finished school with a C (I think) or higher, and have... is it 8 or 7 days remaining? Otherwise they won't be able to go to college.

You can't move them back to the hood till they've graduated (assuming you're playing properly, anyway Wink). Then it's a case of either throwing a graduation party - where they leave straight afterwards - or using the phone to move back. Either way you can only move one out at a time, which sucks ¬_¬

No requests please
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: