Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:38:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I post a photo?  (Read 4930 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PrincessJen

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:12:20 pm »

I feel really dumb, but I havent figured out how to post a photo. It asks for the url, but My photos are either in EA games files or in My Pics. Do I do it as an attatchment cause I don't think that would work the way I want, or do I copy and Paste?

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:16:33 pm »

Your best bet is to upload them into a site like ImageShack or Photobucket and post the urls through the little button above the text box (where you type) that looks like a photo of a mountain (it's beside the link button).
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:35:33 pm »

I did that but all I get is red X, where did I screw it up?

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:38:51 pm »

Hm ... I wonder ... can you give the link to where you are hosting the photos?
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 12:41:02 pm »

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q48/morgeesmomof3/P1210002.jpg

I hope this is what you needed.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:43:53 pm by PrincessJen » Logged

~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:44:54 pm »

OK ... the link does work.  However the photo is too big for the forum, so I deleted it after my test.

When you copy your link, make sure it's only the one that has the address on it.  Not the [url] thing.  Then you should be able to paste it into the pop up box (the one you get when you click on the mountain picture)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:47:08 pm by ~*Jax*~ » Logged
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 12:47:14 pm »

Right, but when I do it for a post, it shows a red X is that just until I actually post it, and how do I make it smaller? Cause that's just scary.

~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 12:49:43 pm »

To make it smaller you will have to use your photo imaging software (ie: photoshop, paint shop ... that sort of thing). I know there is a free online one somewhere, I just don't have the links handy. A Google search should help.

Edited to add:  Try HERE
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:04:39 pm by ~*Jax*~ » Logged
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 02:02:13 pm »

I can get the photo to show up, but I have re-sized to thumbnail both in Roxio and at photobucket and it still comes out huge. ( I' m starting to feel like a total moron here, how am i screwing this up?) Thanks for all the help so far.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 02:41:17 pm »

resizing a photo requires you have a little lesson about digital images.

Screen resolution plays a key role in the perceived size of an image.  The web standard is 72 pixels per inch (72dpi) - the screen you are looking at as you read this is using roughly the same standard.

Some images (such as scanned photos and photos from a digital camera) tend to have larger DPI settings since they are meant to have a lot of detail so they can be printed (most printers tend to be 300 DPI) - so when you see the image on screen it looks bigger than it does when printed.  That is because the printer concentrates the data for a better more richly coloured result.

So what is 1024x768 (a normal screen size) may print out about the size of a large Christmas postage stamp.

Now, when you see the HUGE image on your computer - you will need some sort of image software that can reduce the image size (say to 800x600) - the dpi setting is unimportant here - since no matter the DPI setting - the computer monitor will most likely display only 72 pixels per inch regardless of DPI.

You can use Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, Microsoft Picture It, or any of 100s of others programmes to resize the image.  How this image displays in the software will vary - so the only important matter is the size in pixels.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 02:46:29 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 02:45:12 pm »

Beauty.  Thanks!  You just saved me from typing out the same thing!
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 03:07:05 pm »

Thanks so much. I have 3 editng programs, but I think I am gonna download GIMP. i will try again in a bit. Again thanks for being so patient. I don't know why I am having such a problem with this.

~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 03:13:19 pm »

It's the moon.

Don't worry about it, we don't mind helping Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: