Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:52:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A small tutorial for setting back the loading music to past packs  (Read 5012 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:59:21 am »

This is the first tutorial I've ever made, so I'll try explaining this my best.
I'll explain how you can set back the loading music in your game back to an earier EP, SP or even the base game. The loading music (aka splash music) is the music that you hear when you're starting up the Sims 2 game and which also differentiates which each EP or Stuff Pack.

1. Go to the EA Games folder where you have TS2 installed, and then go to the game folder that has the splash music that you want. I want to hear the loading music from the base game, so I'm going to the original Sims 2 folder that has it.

2. Next, go to TSData\Res\Sound, and look for a package file named "Splash". Copy this file.

3. Now go back the the EA Games folder and click the game folder which is the lastest EP or SP you have installed right now.

4. Repeat step 2, except rename this splash file a different name. I'm going to call it "Splash (original)", but you can choose the name.
Or you can just move the splash file to another location that you'll remember.

5. Use the paste function to paste the other splash file that you copied earlier from the previous Sound folder into the one in your current EP/SP sound folder. Make sure you don't overwrite the other splash file.

6. And you're done! Close the browser window, start up you game, and relive the thrill of that "first load!" Cheesy

I hope this helps anybody who doesn't like their current loading music, liked previous ones before, and wants to change it back. Happy loadings! Wink
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 07:05:55 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:25:12 am »

Great tip Triple_sSs - Lord knows I wanted to throw the speakers out the window everytime University EP loaded!  Nightlife I really liked, then OFB was back to throwing the speakers out the window again :lol:

Now If I could just rip the rotten adverts and videos off the front end I would be in paradise :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 06:58:28 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;545515
Now If I could just rip the rotten adverts and videos off the front end I would be in paradise :lol:

Welcome to paradise! Cheesy
Micro-tutorial: Loading movie, be gone!
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:20:47 am »

outstanding Triple_sSs, I HATED the OFB one and I'm not overly fussed about the Pets one, so I'll be trying this out tonight Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
PETCHY14

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 01:59:20 pm »

I think the music is a doubble take.
Bace game, Good
Uni, BAD
Nightlife, Good
OFB, BAD
FFS, Ok...
Gls, Good ISH
Pets (dunno)
SSN, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *Throws speakers out the window*

Cheesy

Join us.... NOW!The AA!
I do 'hood requests, But only on MTS2  .
~~ Halo? ~~
[/COLOR]
kere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 11:18:28 pm »

This is brilliant to know - thanks very much for posting this!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: