Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:26:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Falling in love with self  (Read 6549 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
metasci

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:52:14 pm »

I've searched the forums and I can't find if this has been addressed before, if so, could you show me where it is?

I have a problem with sims falling in love with themselves.  It has happened in the past but lately it seems to be occuring more often.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and knows how to correct it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:53:11 pm by metasci » Logged
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:54:10 pm »

I have to admit I've never seen this in my game.....

Yes...its the same Mule as before
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 03:08:28 pm »

Did you use the Insimenator's Quick Relations Adjustor?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:14:20 pm »

I have had random times when sims wanted to be friends with themselves... but that was probably a result of messing around with SimPE to adjust relationships. (BEFORE I installed the InSimenator...)  Don't remember exactly where I saw the bug fix, but I think it was on More Awesome Than You...

metasci

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 03:14:32 pm »

Quote from: Gen0ism;541842
Did you use the Insimenator's Quick Relations Adjustor?
Yes I did (quick relations adjustor).  Sometimes it works just fine and then other times the self love thing happens.
metasci

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 03:23:51 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;541853
I have had random times when sims wanted to be friends with themselves... but that was probably a result of messing around with SimPE to adjust relationships. (BEFORE I installed the InSimenator...)  Don't remember exactly where I saw the bug fix, but I think it was on More Awesome Than You...
Thanks for the info.  Sometimes mine also want to flirt with themselves and a whole lot more... it doesn't really cause any problems but I would like to fix it if I can.
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:26:26 pm »

I once had a sim who refused to acknowledge the death of another sim...he kept wanting social interactions with the dead sim, who was one of his lovers....that was before I had ANY custom content or hacks at all.

Yes...its the same Mule as before
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »

There use to be a bug with the handheld game which would make sims falls in love with themselves.  Not quite sure if this was ever fix but a fix for that is available at MATY site.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:08 am »

I'll bet your sim has a double. I'm not sure how it happens but I just trashed all my hoods because there were multiple instances of no less than 15 sims in all of them. If you open your hood in SimPe and check the name list (Sim Descriptions) you will most likely find this is the case.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 04:18:07 pm »

Micco - the "shadow sims" (what i call them) occur as a result of the game running the sim as an NPC when on community lots - at least that is the best guess I have.  Why this occurs, I have no idea.  But like you, I resort to the deleteAllCharacters cheat as a solution.  The bug is exaccerbated by the remote control car,  handheld game, and cellphones, even after applying the patches that reputedly fix this sort of problem.  Another problem is that visiting and phoning Sims are on lots even when you cannot see them; specifically I mean even after they have left the lot by the teleporter they may be stuck on the lot or the phone is ringing when you save the lot.  In these cases it seems a 2nd version of the Sim might occur.

There was a similar problem with the original game.  It does my heart good to see a familiar bug from those bygone days *wipes tear of nostalgia from eye*

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 05:46:40 pm »

Shadow my a**; a second version? You want to try for 6 copies of at least 3 of them; got really weird when three of them decided to show up in the same place at the same time as the real one (game locked up on save Sad )

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 05:52:02 pm »

LOL - am I the only one who finds this a little funny? Just the laugh I needed for today - thanks!

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 05:54:22 pm »

I think I just fell in love with myself Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
~*Jax*~

View Profile