Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:23:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Vista?  (Read 5780 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
karialSim
Creator

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:09:48 pm »

Before I upgrade to it, I wanted to find out if anyone is using it and if they have problems with the game.

Growing old is inevitable. Growing UP is optional!
karialSim's Krazy Kreations
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:22:58 pm »

I was just talking to Kim about this. And I doubt that sims 2 is compatible as of right now. Here is something she found : http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14022&p_created=1155764696&p_sid=WIcLQrsi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NjQmcF9wcm9kcz03LDcwMCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTIuNzAwJnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9d2luZG93cyB2aXN0YQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 08:24:05 pm »

I'm not running it so I can't be sure, but I heard that since vista uses direct x10 and not 9 the game won't run properly. You could try running it in windows xp compatibility mode and see if that works

maniac19642003
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:10:31 pm »

I could have went to Vista when I ordered this pc but I went to XP instead, and after seeing this thread, I'm glad I did right now.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 08:37:49 am »

I for one have no intention of using Vista until I absolutely have to. I could make you a list of reasons but I need to be out the door in 45 minutes and there just isn't enough time.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:14:51 am »

How long will it take for the sims to work with Vista? until the next pack after seasons?
I really want it! I want swishy windows that are all glass-effecty, and new direct-x, better system restore stuff and all the other new crap!

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
karialSim
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 10:05:41 am »

I will wait then. I was hoping my game would finally work if I changed, but looks like it won't. Although I am going to try that suggestion Maria. I'm using XP media center now, and maybe making the game run on windows 2000 will work for me. Thanks!

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 05:27:10 pm »

I have my PC setup to dual boot so I can use vista or XP; I will install the game on vista later today & let you know if it works good or not.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
karialSim
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 07:05:34 pm »

Ok, when I tried making the game run on Windows 2000, it wouldn't even start. I kept getting the popup error that I need to insert the disc and try again, even though the disc is in.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 07:26:55 pm »

Karial, I was only ever able to get TS2 to play on Win2K a handful of times and then it was not exactly right in the head when it did play.  I am not even sure why it ran after reading all the information.  I ran it in Win98 compatability mode when it did run, but it was imperfect and inconsistent.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 09:18:58 pm »

I just tried the game with the 64bit version of Windows Vista & it works fine without using the compatibilty mode; If you have just the base game installed windows will warn you about a compatibility problem to fix it just patch the game with the patch on the TS2 website.

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »

What about external anti-virus and firewall programs, rippers and burners, overclock utilities etc. I see Daemon tools works on yours though. I only ask because I have a friend who recently went to XP64 and found that while most of his games work ok, most of his utility programs did not and I fear this may be the case with Vista64. Neither Kasperskey Internet Security 6.0 nor the CA Associates Internet Security programs will work. PlexTools (for Plextor drives) has no working version for the 64 bit and while his MB utilities work, they do so at a limited functionality (even though it is the 64 bit version of the program.) EA program downloads don't work... I probably shouldn't go on and I won't; I do however think I will try to find somewhere where they are stupid enough to sell an extended warranty on the latest version of XP Pro 32 bit and buy that. (Wish me luck Wink )

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 09:43:36 pm »

I have tried avast & CA Associates with vista & they both work good, I don't use any overclock utilities so I'm not sure about those.

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 09:45:47 pm »

Yeah, the Avast works ok but is only an AV and leaves a lot of other vulnerabilities.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 09:51:16 pm »

Norton internet security 2007 is what I use on XP & they will be giving me a free upgrade to the vista version when it's available.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: