Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:53:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 on Windows Vista (Updated 7 Feb 2007)  (Read 43722 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
K_L_Carten

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2008, 07:52:16 pm »

I checked in the make a sim and body shop nothing there.  I downloaded some skins, make-up, and hair and they arent there.  All I have is what came with the game.  All my furniture, walls and carpet showed up.  Really Wierd, just thought someone might have had the same problem.

Thanks for trying
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2008, 11:28:47 am »

Try downloading whole sims see if that works
K_L_Carten

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2008, 07:51:20 pm »

I tried that, didnt show up.  I did install the ford fusion, and the other fords on the site.  They did show up, pretty strange.  I installed Simpe, and ran a scan, the downloads are there and they are in working orders.  Have anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks for all the help you have giving.

I finally figured it out, have to put the files in saved sims.  Not sure if thats right, but the content is in the game.  Never had to do that before, I really hate vista!  Thanks for all the help zilzos.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 02:35:51 am by K_L_Carten » Logged
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2008, 11:51:28 am »

No worries

yeah I've only just started putting them in the saved sims folder recently - any sims I downloaded before were all there in the relevent bits - skin tone, hair, accessories etc so ended up havin to build them all again and matchin the right skin tone to the right heads

pain in the bum - have learnt loads from this place tho and everyone is very helpfull even tho I've been askin stupid questions too

Have learnt to check all the tutorials and do a search on here fer answers tho as they are all here somewhere
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:55:20 am by zilzos » Logged
hellandbliss
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:55 am »

hi all, just joined this forum, im having problems with my sims 2 for vista. Here is all my laptop info:

operating system: windows vista premium (6.0, Build 6000)
System Manufacturer: DIXONXP
System Model: Plillips Freevents
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU  T7250 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUS,~2.00GHz
Memory: 2038 Ram
DirectX version: DirectX 10
my graphic card is (i think): Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Right the problem i'm have is after i've installed it and the patch which fixes the solution thing that comes up is it runs, i click on pleasentville or any other town and go into that and when i click the create a sim it brings it up and when i try to change there face or anything it freezes, also i did try to play with the goth family to see if that will work so i click on the house and click play and it brought up the goth family loading thing and then it froze!! I don't know what to do or to fix it! I can't even get into the game to even play if you no whati  mean? Can someone please help as i really wantto play it!
Diantha Lafurre

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2008, 08:11:46 am »

I'm posting on behalf of my mother in law. She recently bought a new laptop and we installed the Sims and the expansions up through Open For Business. It loads fine, but after a while the sims will be stretched across the screen and it's quite irritating. Her laptop has Vista on it and I would really like to get it working for her because she loves the Sims as much as I do!

Here is a bit more information, if it helps:

windows Vista Home Premium, AMD Turion (tm)64X2 Mobile technology TL-58, 1.87 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1200

miclab312

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:27 pm »

My sims' bodies go all over the place...? Same problem as Diantha Lafurre  I think. I have a Vista, Sims 2 + NL.  :sad4:

This happens all the time, and I was wondering what is causing it.

Also, my computer shuts off while I am playing the sims. I uninstalled  it a few times, and when it wasn't there, my computer didn't shut off. So basically my  game makes my computer  shut off unexpectadly, without saving anything. What's the problem here?  :chainsaw:

Help please!

(also, how do you upload package a sim that is in your game already? shes not in bodyshop, and SimPE says that there are "Errors". Is there another way?) :tongue8:

~Mic  :angel:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:02:51 pm by miclab312 » Logged

Rawr :smt106
idic5
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2008, 03:35:54 pm »

I just bought a new gateway m6862 laptop with vista 64 and  ati mobility radeon 2600 512 mb graphics card, and I recvd an error on the 2nd time invoking sims2.  A find on 2600 in this thread and I did not get a hit.

installed sims2 - ok
created chars and home and saved the game - ok

tried to go in again - error ("unspecified error")

old machine with xp and ati card - x1300 series - worked fine
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 03:51:04 pm by idic5 » Logged
eccentricgnat

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »

The ati 2600 was a real problem for some folks on macs, trying to play the sims.  I waited to get my new imac. I got it when they came out with nvidia 8800.  Of course, now we find out nvidia has problems with their graphic cards. I thought...awww doesn't affect me...I have an 8800....wrong...But it does work so far. Anyway, folks with the newer macs, with ati 2600, were having real problems, such as you mention.

This doesn't help your problem though, but at least you are not alone.
~Amaryne~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2008, 09:31:19 am »

I've noticed that some of my maxis made meshes and clothes cloned from maxis (i think, cc meshes) have "clipping" the meshes have black holes in them when the sim is moving...  The ballerina outfit for adult females, true nude, some warlokk meshes.... This is after I installed the Apartment EP before that this wasn't a problem...

Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450

Haven't tried to upgrade the drivers because I was told not to.. People I've been talking to say this is a fault in the game and not my computer... So the question is, does anyone else have this problem?

Assassin

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2008, 09:56:56 am »

I have problem with vista patch it asks me insert cd 4, but when I insert it still asks me put it in. What do I need to do?

Earn money reading email 5$ sing up bonus
http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=ref5486173
john_bli

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2009, 10:36:09 pm »

Don't know if this will help, but if the game doesn't work, and you have other games that don't want to install, get the service pack for vista.  that helps emensly!

John
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: