Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 06:17:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 on Windows Vista (Updated 7 Feb 2007)  (Read 44177 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adalita

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2008, 03:17:41 am »

I got an AMD Athalon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+ 3.01GHZ 2047MB RAM, on a 32 bit operating system and my sims runs fine (unless I do something to it like upload new stuff pack without backing up)

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
kanesmom99

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2008, 09:13:07 am »

Wow This is weird.
I now have almost everything I want on my game.
I am just having to extract the files to my downloads folder my self.
It seems that vista does not like my Sims 2 Pack Clean installer, nor my File Maid.
Hummmmm, well maybe I don't like Vista ! LOL
All this administrator stuff is agrivating, I bought the dang thing, I should be able to run anything on it , without an act of congress.
Gosh, I miss XP !  ROFL
Thanks all, for your help, by the way I must say my Sims have never looked so good.
In a lot of ways this computer is the bomb!
Huggles,
Donna
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2008, 08:49:53 am »

I am so scared now.  I just bought a dell computer, Inspiron531s, AMD Athalon 64X2 dual core processor 4000+ 2.30GHz with 2 gigs RAM and I don't know what the bits on the OS yet, but it's Vista basic. I didn't want Vista, but that is all you can get, without paying higher for XP.  I have a video card I planned on installing when it gets in, ATI x1650 pro, 512mb ddr2.  I wondered if I will have a problem installing the Sims games and expansion packs on my new computer?  I pray not!  I will be very disappointed. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
foxhop10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 06:24:46 pm »

Heyloo. Long time lurker first time poster.
I'm just wondering if anybody's heard a cure for the "the application has crashed. The application will now terminate" error. It's really kicking my ass. The furthest I ever got to playing on my new Sony Vaio was to the neighborhood screen, and that was for about a second. I've done clean uninstalls and reinstalls, have all the updates from ea, tried running it in compatibility mode and in a window... No change. I do have an assload of custom content, but it doesn't run even without it.
Not to mention bodyshop, with it's error of, "Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALID CALL!
The application will now terminate..." I like the exclamation point. And "derr" is right! Apparently the computer is using DirectX for things, but there aren't any updates to be installed to that end. It's a 32bit, Vista Home Premium, with a video card called "Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family". That doesn't have any updates either.
So basically I've tried everything that's been suggested (for the range of problems that come with running sims2 on vista), but haven't seen a definitive solution yet that'll... work for me. I've tried running the game on my old XP, but it's the dvd version and my old computer doesn't have a dvd drive... So in sum, I'm in sims withdrawal. Does anyone know what's goin' on?
vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 07:18:04 pm »

I need help installing the Sims2 extensions I am new to window I have an imac G5 which I have been playing the sims2 on but got a laptop and I am sooo lost on how to install on my laptop. It is an HP Pavilion dv9500 has NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS intel r core 2 duo cpu T7300 2.00 GHz. 32 bit operating system, 320 gb hard drive, 2gb memory so im sure it is compatable. I just don't know how to get the extensions to install without getting an error and having to stop the install it is supposed to install the extensions somewhere other than where the original sims2 is but I am lost as to the functioning of windows. Please can someone help me get them installed?! I have all extesions up to bon voyage with the exclusion of the small packs. uni, nl, ofb,pets, seasons, then bon voyage. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Here is the error I get trying to install University at 68% (a problem occured when trying to transfer the F:\TSbin\Ts2UPD.exe from the media). What does this mean and how can I get the extensions to install? I may just go back to playing on the mac soooo easy to install and play. But people say how much better the sims2 is on windows but not if you can't get the extensions to install!!!!

Turned out to be a defective CD,  I tried installing Nightlife and it installed!!!! I will go buy another University disc tomorrow then install all the others and hope they work. Guess I should  have tried installing others before. LOL
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:44:01 pm by vikvac49 » Logged
DollyLlama

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:30 am »

Quote from: iamsmash;1168071

i'm completely stumped here!! if i'm not in the right place kindly direct me to where i should be posting. thanks!!

No clue, friend.

But I have major game issues. I'm crashing constantly. I can play. And some lots crash more often than others but I'm still crashing. And its been within the last month, more so now that I have Free Time.

Its driving me buggy. I've gotten rid of hacks, downloaded patches, etc and nothing works.

And The Sims 2 and associated expansions run great on Vista. But I was coming off of Windows 2000 NT so of course its going to be better. *LOL*

Contest Lover
         Second Place in Miss Wild West
*~*Currently in: Best Bride Spring 2008 w/ Ceridwyn Douglas*~* And Picture Perfect w/ Bronwyn McDougal*~*
pipernoelle
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2008, 07:30:56 pm »

i am having the exact same problem as iamsmash
what is wrong!
i also have a windows vista and i think that it may have something to do with the problem...
if anyone figures out how to fix the horizontal stretch problem in my sims PLEASE TELL ME HOW
my email is daisyishott@hotmail.com
sarahkratos

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 07:07:04 am »

The Sims 2 and all related expansion packs run fine on Vista.....32 bit and 64 bit , I have used both.

The problems associated with random crashes, "more often than not" are from downloaded "add -ons".... which are probably written wrong.. or not given the correct "file extension" I have come across loads of faulty downloads from various websites... its a case of try it and see... you can download programs that test add-ons.. Im sure someone can name many such programs and will be along shortly to name a few....
Crashes and lock ups also occur from weak hardware... thus graphics card, processors, power supply units and low memory....
Vista itself to run ok needs at least 1gb.... if you only have 1gb then running games will be glitchly...
I have tried various ways.... the more the better..ram that is...

To run most games you need a pretty good system spec.

Too many people are going to their local pc retailer , buying a £299 PC or Laptop and expecting it to run anything they chuck at it.... reality is, you get what you pay for... look at any pc retailers website and you will see... office pc's... entertainment pc's and then gaming machines.... all getting more expensive... thus cheaper pc's limited capability... higher end, will play almost anything...

Most of my gaming pc's I have built have graphics cards that cost more than some "budget complete pc's"....

I say this many times to many people I meet  who ask what PC to buy... You have to decide what it is you are going to be doing with it... If its gaming, you will need a powerful graphics card, plenty of memory and a fairly fast processor...
If you plan on doing pictures and such, again, pretty good graphics card, and fairly large hard drives, jpegs and the like, take up a large amount of space.

If you want a media pc... you will want Big hard drives, fairly modern graphics, mid budget..... and a tv card(sometimes built into graphics card) and a pretty good sound card ...5.1 or 7.1 etc. and decent speakers.

So.. the moral is... if you want to play EA games in particular... you will need a pretty top of the "mid range pc".... if you try on a budget pc, you will have allsorts of problems.... and simply adding another graphics card doesnt always solve the issue... as you then have "power supply problems"....

Below is a breakdown of a system spec that runs ALL EA games fine... on mid range settings... no lock ups, glitches or freezes....it gives you an idea of how on a budget you can get to play top end games without breaking the bank.

Vista Premium 32bit.
Intel core 2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00ghz
4 GB DDR 5300 memory ( 4 x 1 gb sticks )
Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 256mb ram..( will use some of the 4gb system memory, extending graphics ram to (in my case) 1gb.. games run smooth... for a mid range affordable card.
Onboard realtek 7.1 HD sound... ( plays ok, but dedicated sound card would be better and use less resources )
320GB Hitachi Sata,hard drive, silent and never misses a beat.

If you use that as a template... you know what minimum spec you should really be looking at... most Sims 2 games will play on lower spec systems, but you will run into problems mentioned above... I run it on a Celeron 2.4ghz laptop,running Xp home,  it plays, but is stuttery....(graphics are onboard and cheap).....

I hope this answers all the people who claim Sims 2 will not run on Vista... it runs fine on Vista.... both 32 bit and 64 bit... I use both, so know for sure.

You do get warnings on Vista 64 about not tested etc on many EA games, but I simply install them and they to date....all play fine.
Afterlight

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2008, 12:03:11 pm »

Quote from: Pilotpigen;568739
I just can't seem to make my game work with Vista Sad I think I have tried almost everything. It begin loading the game, but then it stop.... Bodyshop is working without any problems.
Maybe I'm just ignorant - but if any of you have any ideas on how I make it work I would be very happy!
I have an Acer Athlon 64 X2 4200+. My graphic card is a 512MB GeForce 7300SE Turbocache.

Exactly the same problem, only my graphic card is an ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 and my Laptop is a Sony VAIO. Basic Information: Windows Vista Home Premium, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz), 200GB Hard Disk Drive, 2 GB Memory.

I've tried reinstalling the game (to no avail), downgrading the game to play in Windows XP mode, and I have the highest version of Direct X installed already. Help? Sad
Inacitha
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:55 pm »

Hoping someone has an answer for me... my problem is that custom content wont show.  I have a new system with vista and almost all content wont show up.  I know some of them work but the majority dont.  Is there a fix.

Help.

*Edit 04-02-08

I finally downloaded sims 2 clean installer and have no more problems, not sure what it did to fix my problem but im not complaning.  :smile:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:33:50 pm by Inacitha » Logged
summersong86

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 01:34:04 pm »

Clean Installer works with Vista?  I thought it didn't.  Did you have to do anything special to make Clean Installer work under Vista?
sarahkratos

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2008, 02:15:11 pm »

No you do not need anything special to make clean installer work with vista i have vista 32bit and clean installer they work fine together.
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2008, 10:39:25 am »

Hey guys

hope someone can help - have vista and seem to be ok at minute with all my sims eps (have everything so far)
I've only had sims since I got new computer with vista and not sure if need a better graphics card as have nothing to compare it too

game play ok but having problems with blue flashing floors and some objects (have downloaded the reflective walls and floors and the shader too but no difference)

The graphics card was included in the computer package

Computer is Intel core duo - 2.33ghz
Ram - 2073mb
32 bit

Graphics Card
NAME : Intel G33/G31
MANUFACTURER : Intel Corp
CHIP TYPE : Intel GMA 3100
DAC TYPE : Internal
APPROX. TOTAL MEMORY : 286MG
CURRENT DISPLAY MODE : 1280 X 1024 (32bit) (64Hz)

Should I be getting the best of my game fom this or should I go for a better card ?
And if so can you recommend which one to go for

Thanks - I'm a complete numpty when it comes to this technical jargon

:toothy10:
K_L_Carten

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 08:35:35 am »

I am having a couple problems with vista, and hope for any help.  I had xp until my less than year old laptop decided it didnt like me any more.  So the store that I bought it from replaced it with a comparable one.  So no more hp and crashing issues, and hardware failures, yippee.  Now, I have vista and well, the game playes very nice.  Its the custom contant, have no problem with furniture, walls, windows and anyother object.  I seem to have a problem with skins, make-up and hair.  Made a download file, unzip or or wrar it, and put it my download and it wont appear.  Any ideas?   I also enabled custom contant.  Just strange that objects show up and not the skins.  I havent even touched hacks yet.  

Thanks in advance
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2008, 01:52:08 pm »

Where are you looking for this stuff in the game ?

Sorry if it sounds stupid but it wont be in any of the buy catalogues - it will be in the create a family bit of the game under the custom content symbol

you probably already realise this so hopefully you get a more helpfull answer
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:55:21 pm by zilzos » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: