Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:40:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 2 on Windows Vista (Updated 7 Feb 2007)  (Read 43720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 12:30:05 am »

Sorry if you have vista just click start and type dxdiag in the start search box , I thought you had XP Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 03:47:46 pm »

Quote from: Squinge;577181
I wonder why I'm not having that problem with my nvidia card both the 32 & 64 bit versions work for me.

Squinge according to my understanding of the article in the maxoids blog, this problem is only with certain combinations of cards and drivers, not all cards and drivers.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 07:44:51 pm »

Oh ok thanks Cheesy

FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 04:07:09 pm »

ok i was wondering if i should install vista 64bit then, if u think it's better.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
earth2luna

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 03:09:28 am »

Hi, I hope its cool to post this here...

I just got a new computer from Dell.  Love Dell, never had a problem w/ them.
THAT was before I got this new pc w/ Vista!  
I'm definately have a horrible skipping  of sound.  The slowing down at times while say, My sims are using the karaoke mach.

It's driving me up the wall.  There is no way in heck, I'm going to install the new "Seasons" ep w/ that going on.
Seriously, I'm ready to pull my hair-out!  

I know, I know... I should have did more research on Vista, but too late now, sniff.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do, maybe duct-tape it together till the new drivers come out? Lol.

Beosboxboy, exactly what is "compatability mode"?

Well, I did a DXdiag, for all you brainy people to look at?
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/2/2007, 23:46:43
Machine name: ndsfklfhf
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc
System Model: Dimension E521
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 862MB used, 1447MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

Come to the orchard in the spring.
There will be light and wine, and lover's in the polmagranate flowers.

If you do not come, these do not matter,
If you do come, these do not matter.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 07:25:16 am »

I never worry about new systems at least after two years they have been in the market. One of my computers still run Windows 2000 Professional and works feilfree.
My questions is: I have always used NVidia graphic cards and my last computer got a sli double gc system (using at the moment only one) and the graphic cards is a PCI express Geforce GT 7 series ( I do not know 7what)

As it is reported that NVidia is having serious issues, I'm confused to what to change in the case I change GC. My Win2000 comp is using an old NVidia card (I think it GeForce 5600 AGP type).
I don't want to buy a new comp everytime of an EP release. I know that I cannot place more than 1GB RAM in this comp. The newest has capacity for 8GB. But for the hell, newest GC costs around 2 to 3k hard money over here.

As I do not play any other game than TS2 (bought some that disappointed me at install), so what is really the point?

In true lines, I'm fed-up to install new EPs just because of a small addition in terms of building houses. The new Seasons EP has up now just some lines about adding round swimming-pools. And this is far too little to justify so much trouble. I have a list of more than 20 items I would like to have a correction. My previous experiment shows that it pays much better to follow developpment of single artists like Numenor and his group.

I would pay much happier if EPs were made for the kids. And extra Packs were made to correct faillures and include better building tools and items for us Oldies.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 04:03:23 pm »

NVidia issued driver updates today for Vista 32 bit and 64 bit. I just updated my 6150 LE piece of crap that came with my new PC. Hopefully, games will play better now.

EDIT: BTW, is there anyway to change my Vista (Home Premium) from 32 Bit to 64 Bit without paying MS for an update?Huh?Huh? There is not a way to change it internally? Pardon my dumb question!

According to System Requirements Lab Analysis this is how my 6150 rates.

Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater; ATI Radeon 8500 or greater.

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE ()  PASS  

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

After the driver update it shows two bars above minimum. I forget what it was pre-update.

What I have never understood is that the card also shows as fails under the recommended tab:

Video Card:

Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or greater; ATI Radeon 9600 or greater.

You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE ()  FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement. Upgrading to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card  Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 04:25:48 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Megadrive

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 06:11:09 pm »

Excellent News, Just Have to make sure I Get a Real Good Graphics Card, (LOL).

Cheers

Megadrive
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 01:41:23 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;686766
NVidia issued driver updates today for Vista 32 bit and 64 bit. I just updated my 6150 LE piece of crap that came with my new PC. Hopefully, games will play better now.

EDIT: BTW, is there anyway to change my Vista (Home Premium) from 32 Bit to 64 Bit without paying MS for an update?Huh?Huh? There is not a way to change it internally? Pardon my dumb question!

I also updated my Nvidia 7300 LE and I still have the plumbob and other stuff getting corrupt. They end up looking like the screen in a screen door!! The only way I can get around it is to run the game in windowed mode. Which before was the other way around. That was about 3 driver updates ago. I was hoping they would have had that fixed by now. But alas, until the next driver comes out.....hopefully.

The only way I've found to change from 32 to 64 is to buy another OS. You cannot upgrade from a 32 to a 64. Different files and stuff. I'm running a 32 and my processer can handle 64, but I'm not shelling out the 159 or whatever. I upgraded from Basic to Premium online and that was $79.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 04:03:13 pm »

You can upgrade to 64 bit you need to order a 64 bit upgrade DVD Smiley just buy the 32 bit version then order the 64-bit DVD.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »

What kind of trouble?

queen_b
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 01:38:40 pm »

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]earth2luna Sounds like you and I bought the same computer from Dell.  Which graphics card did you get?  You can check that under the "Display" tab in your DxDiag.  I had the exact same sound problem when I first got my new Dell computer, and all I had to do was upgrade my *GRAPHICS* card drivers. I have NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE, and when I upgraded the drivers on it, my problem was fixed.

I fixed my problem!! So I  edited out all my mess Tongue
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 01:14:56 pm by queen_b » Logged
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 06:56:14 pm »

Quote from: Squinge;773485
You can upgrade to 64 bit you need to order a 64 bit upgrade DVD Smiley just buy the 32 bit version then order the 64-bit DVD.

Oopsy!! Thanks for correcting me Squinge.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 10:17:35 pm »

Hi all,
Well i too just got new computer 2wks ago....and of course it has vista....
I've only installed Sims2 base game so far....i wanted to see the improvements with the game....and i was blown away by all the stuff i've never saw b 4 and i never seen the way special events like birth,marriage and engagement proposal it has like a little movie type scene...it was so cool !!! I know i sound like a kid with a new toy,but what can i say it is so much better....
My computer is a Compaq Preserio
AMD Anthlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2CPUs) 2.0GHz
memory ram 894MB
DirectX 10
Nividia Geforce 6150SE -chip type
aprox.total memory: 313MB
1024x768 (32bit) (85Hz)
Now ask me what all that means and my answer is i have no idea...
I have the choppy sound with music and some static noise sometimes during game play....I haven't installed the patch yet and that's why i'm not installing the other expansions i have...well i got all of them.....i downloaded the patches on my old computer and i have dial-up and it takes forever....so I'm going to use a Jump Driver to copy them and then transfer to this one...that is as soon as my b/f brings it to me....
The thing i noticed the most with Vista so far is it asks u for permission on everything and sometimes it asks u r u sure?
It even knows there is a patch for the game and wants me to go to Sims2 site to get it...
So my question is does anyone think i need to update my nividia card?
or just wait til i install the patch and see what happens then?
Well unfortunately i'm having to download patches all over again....bummer old computer won't even load windows now...that's what u get for havin a so called frnd. build one for u....anyways i have a new question? i'm assuming from the info. abt. my computer above is that i'm running it on 32bit...correct me if i'm wrong...also i noticed above posts that they say they have nividia 6150LE and i have 6150SE....what is the difference with those letters after the number?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 02:43:12 pm by Bev in NY » Logged

BEV
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »

FWIW, maybe this will save some people the cost of "side-grading" from 32- to 64-bit:

I beta-tested Vista Ultimate 32-bit since last November on my Athlon64-based laptop.  When the beta license ran out last June, I bought Home Premium 64-bit.  I have noticed very little in the way of discernible performance improvement.  In fact, given that Sims2 is a 32-bit application, it will gain absolutely no benefit from running in a 64-bit environment.

So, in short - if you are getting ready to upgrade to Vista, buy the version appropriate for your computer (there's no cost difference between 32- and 64-bit).  If you've already bought the 32-bit version for your 64-bit machine, just leave it.  The minimal performance increase is not worth the price of buying the 64-bit "upgrade" - unless you absolutely need to have more than 3GB of RAM.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: