Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:34:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing buyables from residential to community  (Read 2048 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
obigrrl

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:37:07 pm »

Please help.  I'm trying to build another community lot from the ground up, and some of the items I'm wanting are not available.  I remember seeing in a different forum on a different site about changing the residential buyables to community using SimPE, but I've searched that forum and cannot find it.  The only thing I see is using a change lot zoning cheat, and I've never done that in the past.  With my previous community lot I used SimPE to change it.  *EDITED*  Sorry, I wanted to clarify that last sentence to mean that I used SimPE to change the particular item from residential buyable to community buyable.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Jen
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:39:44 pm by obigrrl » Logged

:howdy:
Sometimes I get the urge to run around naked.  But then I just drink some Windex...it keeps me from streaking.
:laugh:
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:04:48 am »

Open the object you want to show up in commlots in SimPe.
Browse to the section "Object Data".
There are two folders there: "Catalog Sort" and "Raw Data".
Catalog Sort has two rooms : "Room Sort" and "Function Sort".
Home objects has only crossed "Room Sort".
Cross also "Function Sort" and place your object on the proper category.
Open "Raw Data" and scroll back to the first section on the top.
Browse to the item 0x0064 Community Sort. Home objects have it as 0x0000
Change it for 0x0082 or 0x0083.

If you want that your object can be placed many times on the lot at one click like with chairs for example, change the item 0x0060 "keep buying" from false to true.

Hope it helps.
obigrrl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:56:15 pm »

Thank you!!

:howdy:
Sometimes I get the urge to run around naked.  But then I just drink some Windex...it keeps me from streaking.
:laugh:
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:20:36 pm »

I have two alternative tricks I use for getting community stuff on residential lots or vice versa:

While building, use the command "changelotzoning community" (or residential or dorm).  Save, exit, re-enter.  If you're doing a dorm, you also need to know "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" so you can get the full set of tools.

In Buy mode, make a collection with the goodies you want in the other mode.  Then quit the game.  Use SimPE to change the collection from "residential" to "community".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: