Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:24:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Painitings No Show  (Read 3488 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SealJuice

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:35:31 pm »

I just looked in my downloads folder and I have a ton of custom paintings, but I cannot find them in-game. I have the CEP installed. Anyone have a clue? Do they need to be in the main directory of Downloads or is a subfolder ok?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:00:36 pm »

Are you sure you have custom content enabled in your game?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:02:20 pm »

I know I had a couple of custom paintings that Dese had done in my game prior to Pets, but once pets was installed they no longer worked.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:04:48 pm »

That is strange maybe pets changed something; I haven't had that problem myself yet anyway, lol

If you have a question about my mods post it here
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 02:07:57 pm »

I'm thinking it had something to do with Pets myself.  I didn't zip the files up and put them in downloads;  I didn't move them out; custom content enabled; you know all that stuff we tell people to do hehe....

While I'm not smart enough to look into the packages and figure out what the bhavs are doing, I think it has something to do with the new custom painting options with the easel.

Oh, what did you do with Kinki?  She's been missing for two days now.
SealJuice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:50:08 pm »

I think that makes sense, Ancient Highway.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:53:08 pm »

I have seen reports of a painting bug on several other sites, but no clear solution put forward by anyone.  It seems to occur only for people with Pets EP installed, otherwise it is the normal missing meshes or CEP and easily solved.

I will keep looking to see if anyone mentions a working solution.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:19:51 pm »

I have downloaded some very beautiful painting recolors from an stupid paint that has a lot of Bella's head on it.
The recolors didn't show up at all. The conclusion was that I didn't have an updated CEP (nr 5, I think) that recognize this painting.
Installed the last CEP and everything was on the right place.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 11:35:40 am »

I wouldn't be to hasty to blame pets. I do not have it and one day every recolor I had for the expensive two-tile painting went MIA. They are still in the DL folder, they just don't show up in the game anymore. Given the amount of art I have for the game, I have no real incentive to search out the problem though (but it is still annoying.)

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 04:22:46 pm »

Micco: it could simply be the catalogue function of the game bunging up because of a bad file or GUID conflict.  This is sometimes (not always) corrected by deleting the groups.cache, but isn't a panacea.  I am sure you have already tried that.  GUID conflicts are getting more and more common.  Between EA making more things and more new people making custom content, there are bound to be more conflicts.  Between human error and the decreasing availablity of unique numbers... well....

Then there are the known bugs of the Stuff Packs for hosing custom content in a variety of ways.  From the painfully large number of help requests I get for meshes not working every time a new EP or SP comes out, I know this is a recurring code problem that EA is not giving the sort of attention it needs.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 01:26:59 am »

So, is that a bug or a feature? Just shy of 13,000 downloads, which thousand should I look into first...

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: