Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 11:30:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Graphic/Performance Options  (Read 2267 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2007, 09:57:55 am »

Hello,

Hope this day finds you all well! I was tinkering around with my graphic/performance options lastnight and I was wondering why: If I set my sim/object detail on high and the texture detail on high, I get blurry clothes. I would think that those settings would make things better. Right now I have it set back to sim/objects detail low and texture detail on medium and I am still having the same problem with my clothing. Did I screw something up?

What would be the best combination to get better detail?
I have a Dell Dimension 2400 PC If that helps Smiley

Thanks!
Ldyavmp
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:08:36 am »

this site might help - http://tg.sims2techguide.net/index.php

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:10:46 am »

Normally when you install TS2 it searches for the best graphic detail allowed by your system.
Normally if you place details high and your GC is not so powerful, performance drops. You have also to take into consideration that clothing sometimes are not high detailed and can be blurry depending on the distance you take.
Check for objects that have several different sizes for the textures, zoom in and out and observe the results.
If everything is OK, it is the clothing that is not detailed enough.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 10:27:46 am »

Thanks very much!

I did see that site that you sent me and I know there was another one that went into great detail on what the different settings do but for the life of me, I can't remeber where I saw it. On another note...The clothing was never blurry before I made the changes.

Thanks for your help guys!
Ldyvamp
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 10:45:24 am »

another reason is that some video cards have great performance and as you crank up the settings it only serves to confuse the card - I have had this happen with a couple of ATI cards and the Sims 2.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: