Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:25:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BodyShop won't work  (Read 2082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2007, 05:11:54 pm »

I'm not sure why this is. It starts up and begins to load, but somewhere during the loading process the program stops responding. I've never tried to load bodyshop before the Pets expansion pack, and only recently even then. I don't get an error message or anything, so I have no clue as to what's wrong. Help appreciated!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 05:29:29 pm »

Try deleting My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Groups.cache and cigen.package.  Both will be recreated by the game if they are missing.
MellieC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 05:44:29 pm »

If that doesn't work, you might have a corrupt sim in your saved sims folder.  Try removing, (not deleting)  your saved sims folder and then start up BS and see if that helps.  If it does, you'll have to go through all of your saves sims one by one by putting them back in the game one by one and starting up BS each time you do so to see which one is causing the problem.  Unless you'd rather delete to whole lot of them.  It's up to you.

Any J Rock fans here?  If so, I could use some critquing. Smiley
Click Here
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 08:45:18 am »

Well, that's odd. I don't have anything in my saved sims folder. I tried to remove the packages, but that didn't work. It still stopped at the beginning of the loading process. I'm just tempted to forget about the whole thing.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 09:59:14 am »

have you installed the patch for Pets EP Body Shop?

Also - are you sure that the short-cut for BodyShop you are using to start the programme is connected to the right one?  Sometimes the link is not updated when you install EPs

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:56:06 am »

Nope. Haven't gotten the patch yet, but I'll be sure to do that now. I completely forgot about that because I haven't been to the BB in forever. I got the shortcut from the start/ea games/the sims 2 pets/  menue, so that's what the game installed.

EDIT: Never mind. It miraculously worked this time. So this thread can be closed now. Thanks to all who helped! I love you guys!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:01:18 am by babyblue1387 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: