Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:35:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAME CRASH IN BUY MODE - LIGHTS. URGENT NEED OF HELP  (Read 3904 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
UlaumeSarestes

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:20:49 am »

What happens:

Game crashes whenever I try to buy lights.
I click on the icon for lights, and the clock appears, signalising you should wait (this is already wrong, normally I don´t have to wait for anything). It keeps turning for a while, and then I get the error message "application crashed and will be now terminated".
I can buy everything else from the catalog.

It started a few days ago.

I deleted groups.cache, doesn´t help.

Also, you would probably say it´s a bad light I downloaded. Problem is I did not install anything within the past week. But, regardless, I went and deleted everything that I installed since the beginning of the year. Didn´t help either.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:08:53 am »

Does this happen only on one lot or all?  What about a different neighborhood?
UlaumeSarestes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 11:40:45 am »

Yes, it happens in more lots. :angry6:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:51:39 am »

Have you run the game since you last downloaded any items, before the recent crashes?  You can still never be too sure that it's not a bad light or bad file that was downloaded.  Smiley

spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 11:57:57 am »

If I was you I would reinstall the entire game from scratch, dont forget to back up your neighbourhoods and downloads folder if you do.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
UlaumeSarestes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 11:59:47 am »

Quote from: spookymuffin;551102
If I was you I would reinstall the entire game from scratch, dont forget to back up your neighbourhoods and downloads folder if you do.

That is absolutely not an option for me. Last time I lost so many things after reinstall, despite of backups, that I nearly cried.
UlaumeSarestes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;551084
Have you run the game since you last downloaded any items, before the recent crashes?  You can still never be too sure that it's not a bad light or bad file that was downloaded.  Smiley

Yes, I have. Last time I installed something was a week ago. I played quite a few times since (actually nearly every day).
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:38 pm »

Hmm....

I think a game file got screwed up, possibly the catcanhobjects.bundle.package file... not sure how it works, or if it's really even involved with the problem.  You really might have to start over, but there are always second/third/fourth opinions.  Sad   Hopefully someone with better knowledge of the way the game works can offer a better solution.  Smiley

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:22:42 pm »

What about a different neighborhood? Try that too.  If you can there, it may be a corrupted neighborhood.

If other hoods have the same problem, pull your downloads folder out of the game and stick it on your desktop.  Then go into game and try buying a lamp.  If you can then it's a problem in your downloads and there's no need to be reinstalling everything, but if not you may have no other option.
UlaumeSarestes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 01:55:50 pm »

Okay, I tried the without downloads option and it worked then.

Now, I was in the process of doing the 50 x 50 method to find out which download it is. Funnily enough it works with the first half of downloads. And, it ALSO works with the second half of downloads. But, it does not work with both of them.

Is it crazy or what?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 02:00:37 pm »

You definitely have a conflict going on.

Try running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from http://www.simwardrobe.com and post the results.  Put all your downloads back into the game before running it.
UlaumeSarestes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 03:43:23 pm »

I´ve done that when it all started, it didn´t find anything...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 04:00:34 pm »

Then you're down to hunting for the bad files.  Chances are your build, game objects and recolors recolors, bodyshop things are ok.  Most problems come from meshs (to include hair and clothing) and mods.

Use Clean Installer to disable everything but the mods and give your game a try.  If those are okay, do the same with meshes.  My guess is your problem is in one of those two areas.  If those all work though, game objects would be the next area to try.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: