Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:27:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tutorial: Making clothes or parts bumpy/reflective/shiny and editing the envcube!  (Read 12438 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SirDrake

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:13:36 am »

On this tutorial we will learn how to apply the envcube material and make a mesh or part of it reflective and still bumpy!!!!, we will also modify the envcube texture to get different effects. Lets start!  :love1: (if you already have a .PACKAGE and want it to be reflective go to the secction: 3 Time to Shine!!!!

<º))))><.·´¯`·.1 Making a new project.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>:

Make a new project and name it as you wish i did name it tutorial_shiny.
To make a new project and import it in to the game follow tigerrypum excellent tutorial on MTS2 here: Body Meshing Tutorial - Using MeshTool/OBJ <<< click there if you don't know how to export meshes and make projects.
For this tutorial we will use a mesh that have 2 groups the HULASKIRT is the one that we will select instead of the formal woman's gown dress

Once you are done making all steps to Building Your New Mesh Package and Attaching Your New Mesh to the Temp Skin we will move to the next step.
I did name my new mesh: MESH_tutorial_reflective <<<Tutorialreflective name.

*The names are your choice i'm using those ones as a tutorial purpose for the new people who is learning (like me)  :animal:

As tyggerypum said on the step 28 be sure that your package is working (just in case)  

[/I]

<º))))><.·´¯`·.2 Looking at the GMDC.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>:

Open your new MESH file (the one you saved in the downloads folder) on SimPE and take a look at the Geometric Data Container, you have 2 separate models, body and body_alpha:

Click on the Geometric Data Container on the left then on the right to see the  models that conform the mesh.If we use the body to be reflective it will seem a robot so we will use the body_alpha.As you can see in the preview it is the dress and will be reflective while the body will stay normal.  :jester:
Now that we know how to look on what to make reflective and what not we can make our choices now on SimPE hit file new and browse to you SavedSims folder, open the .PACKAGE you just made.If you don't remember wich one right click inside the folder and click Arrange Icons by, and choose Modified should be the last one...mine is named 5f8478df_tutorial_shiny open it.

<º))))><.·´¯`·.3 Time to Shine!!!!:starsmiley:.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>:

Select at the left Material Definition (TXMT), and on the right !body_alpha_txmt...remember not the body one for this tutorial!

Now look under properties plugin view (this is the screen of the default properties there is nothing reflective still...we will change that):

To change the values and name we must click the property we want to modify at the left then enter the values on the right then we hit commit and sort list for each value changed to be safe.

STEPS:

1.Set the value of reflectivity to 1 hit Commit and then hit sort list
2.Set the value of stdMatEnvCubeCoef to 0.2,0.2,0.2 hit Commit and then hit sort list (the more near to 1 these values are the more shiny the effect will be).
3.Set the value of stdMatEnvCubeMode to reflection hit Commit and then hit sort list
*Each time you change a value remember to hit Commit and then hit sort list i repeat this a lot but if you forget that....  :topic cl:
4.Click on stdMatBaseTextureName and then click add (this will add a new line at the end of the list) select that line (looks like [:]) and on the name put stdMatEnvCubeTextureName click commit and sort list.

5.On the value we will add reflectionsilver-envcube click commit and sort list.

If your PACKAGE looks like the image above save :!:  you made it it shines!!!  :old: to see it open Body Shop > Create Parts > Start New Project > Create Clothing > Everyday and will be the 1st one  :beer:  

Yes reflective and still the bumpmaps works!!!!

<º))))><.·´¯`·.4 EXTRAS.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>:

More values for the stdMatEnvCubeTextureName:
reflectionbronze-envcube
reflectionbronzenonlit-envcube
reflectiondarkgold-envcube
reflectiongold-envcube
reflectiongoldnonlit-envcube
reflectionkitchenhighcontrast-envcube
reflectionoutdoorwater-envcube
reflectionsilver-envcube
reflectionsilvernonlit-envcube
reflectionsparking-envcube

I made this tutorial based on the research of RGiles  and Rosco found here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42074&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25 (*note all are MTS2 links).

<º))))><.·´¯`·.5 Modifying the envcube map.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>:

Now make a new project on Body Shop with the new shiny mesh export it and go to the projects folder where the textures are stored. You have 2 new textures and the alpha and bumpy are still there!!!!!!!!. They are:
body_alpha~stdMatEnvCubeTextureName and body_alpha~stdMatEnvCubeTextureName_alpha

Take the 1st one body_alpha~stdMatEnvCubeTextureName and open it in photoshop or your image editing software now play with it changing the colors or the shape it will reflect different colors or make different reflections (make the changes while you preview them in Body Shop)   :!:

Well thats all i hope it helps to make shiny clothes phewww. Sorry for any mistake and for my english peace and love to all!!  :luff:
This is a way to share the little things i found while asking a lot of questions and got help from tiggerypum, Dr Pixel, Marvine, Wes_h, and Numenor also browsing the forums a lot :lovestruc

<º))))><.·´¯`·.Tested and working!!.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>:

:party1:

* 1.jpg (41.56 KB, 500x391 - viewed 11696 times.)

* 2.gif (19.13 KB, 600x327 - viewed 2420 times.)

* 3.jpg (47.24 KB, 500x391 - viewed 2419 times.)

* 4.gif (55.68 KB, 500x512 - viewed 2460 times.)

* 5.gif (17.82 KB, 713x219 - viewed 2486 times.)

* 6.gif (32.66 KB, 700x375 - viewed 2462 times.)

* 7.gif (42.57 KB, 600x324 - viewed 2419 times.)

* 8.gif (41.6 KB, 680x371 - viewed 2509 times.)

* 9.gif (42.05 KB, 680x373 - viewed 2388 times.)

* 10.jpg (47.22 KB, 385x519 - viewed 2373 times.)

* 11.gif (12.57 KB, 594x152 - viewed 2405 times.)

* 12.jpg (46.35 KB, 497x464 - viewed 2391 times.)

* tested.jpg (63.01 KB, 587x391 - viewed 2377 times.)

My wings are broken...my hands bleed...
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:41:03 am »

Thank you for uploading here this great tutorial - very well done, I appreciate too that you listed the available envcube textures. A lot of useful information here Smiley
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:05:00 am »

When using photoshop you also can open the body_alpha~stdMatEnvCubeTextureName and choose new fill layer and choose gradients or patterns to give nice effect's Smiley

No longer active
bsett

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 01:07:26 pm »

Nice tut and tips thanks.
kitcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:54:30 pm »

Thank you so much!!!
shovac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:53:21 pm »

Great tutorial Thank You...........
alkaloid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 09:44:31 am »

OMG it worked! Thank you so so much! Cheesy

lilys
Color lover.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 05:32:46 am »

Thanks a lot for this tutorial.It worked and the results are amazing and gorgeous.It's so easy to understand it too. :kiss:

I'm lilys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: