Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:26:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What cheat code?  (Read 2475 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mlb

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2007, 06:25:03 pm »

Can anyone tell me what cheat code you use to build right to the edge of a property?  I've downloaded houses that have been built this way, but cannot find any cheat that will allow me to buil one of my own.  Please help!  thankyou!
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:14:43 am »

I *think* this is what you're looking for:

boolProp locktiles [true/false] - Set to false to place floor tiles at the very edge of the lot and on the road and sidewalks.
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:26 am »

I thought "move_objects on" did this? or was that in sims1?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:21:23 am »

Blue, I believe it's "boolProp moveobjects on" that'll allow for that. Although, the locktiles cheat might work too; I've never tried it.

...also note that no cheat code or hack will allow you to build walls or foundation along the outer border* of the lot. However, you can place fencing along it - without the use of a cheat too. That make sense?

(*the outer two tiles along the sides and back)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:26:35 am by Comicalmuse » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 05:13:53 am »

Perhaps a combinations of cheats will allow it.  I've never tried to do it, so I'm not sure.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:55 am »

MoveObjects on will allow you do do certain functions like lay floor tiles in the middle of the road and place objects on the sidewalk and beyond (un-patched OFB has a bug preventing this, so you will need the patch if you have OFB and plan on using this technique) - my experience shows that removing the sidewalk or road may have dire consequences.  Near the ends of the sidewalks and the road are spawn points or teleporters that allow cars and Sims to enter and exit the lot, so be careful to aoid mucking about on the 2 or 3 tiles at the edge of the lot in that area.

boolProp locktiles false seems to include a similar functionality, but may include the ability to lay floor tiles on non-flat terrain and under water - I see mixed reports of this, and not a lot of documentation.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: