Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 06:51:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: my water and CAS screen are flashing red!?!?  (Read 5842 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 03:15:38 pm »

He agreed to help me get a new card, but what I need to know is what cord do you suggest? I can live with the water flashing, but I refuse to live with the walls doing it too. I don't need an awesome card, I just need one that wont die if I have my expansions on the comp.

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:35 pm »

Well, I don't know too much about the latest/best cards out now.  I have an ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 chip (for my laptop), but I had problems with it when I first got the thing.  Whenever I left a lot in order to go to community lots/neighborhood screen/just closing to return to desktop, the blue screen of death reared it's ugly head and rebooted my computer.  Ever since I downloaded the alternate driver, though, haven't had too many major problems at all.  

I also hear that nVidia is pretty great, but they also have had certain problems...  

Just be aware of any difficulties with any suggested cards, and of course any workable solutions to them.  Sorry if this doesn't help you much for the video card suggestions...

spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 04:40:28 am »

Well Im using two 256mb Nvidia cards at the moment, I think the model is something like nvidia geforce 7900 GT or something.
Try the nvidea geforce series anyway, Ive never had any problems with them, and try get some decent video memory, the game only needs a 64mb card but you should try to go at least double that

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
Kittycataussie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 02:38:39 pm »

thank you for you for the help. I am in the process of getting a new card.

How I feel like a cat in a burlap sac some times. Don't forget to be cheerfully Eeyore blue!:study:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: