Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:06:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My daughter won't recognize her brother as being family  (Read 3532 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Usul_Princess

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2006, 05:57:19 pm »

I don't know how to fix this. Do I reset the family ties or something? I think inSIM should have the option 'Set as my sibling' because I've had this problem before.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:41:34 pm »

Use the Relations Adjuster's Set as My Parent to point both siblings at the same mother and father.  The sibling relationship is implied.  You can use the family tree viewer in the game to verify that this worked as you expected.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
bryan87

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:05:35 pm »

Jase what do you mean by relations Adjuster n where can i find it
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:45:24 pm »

Quote from: bryan87
Jase what do you mean by relations Adjuster n where can i find it

you "spawn" it (if you have InSIM installed)

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
axron27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:21:54 pm »

Are they from Arkansas?
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:55:30 pm »

If you have Simpe you can fix it that way too. I am not sure but I think there is a tutorial at http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help that shows you how. I had a problem like this when my game crashed. I was able to save all my sims through Simpe and start all over. The problem was, nobody remembered who they were related to. So once I reinstalled them, I did a little surgey on their family relations and it worked out.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 10:39:16 pm »

Are they from Arkansas?

That's so mean... Lol.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:05 pm »

*zombie lumbers in and moans , "Threeeeeaaaad necromancy.....*

Seriously folks...did you notice this thread is two years old?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 09:59:40 am »

axron: I have "Closer Family" so my Sims can act like they're from Arkansas anytime they want, lol.

caffeinated joy: this may be two years old, but it brings up some more questions that I have.

So, what happens if Princess uses "Family Tree", and uses that to "Set as Sibling"? I have that same question. I guess I'm not understanding how the Relations Adjuster would work for sibling relationships (I don't have my game with me right now to check it out, even though I'm sure that's an option).

And also - not to detour a little, but I had my own questions about Insim because the tutorials are a little vague. So, if anyone is an Insim expert and can help, that would be awesome.

For one: I understand that when I suspend family ties - they remain in tact, they are just suspended, but why would someone want to do that, and then reset them again? The only reason I can come up with is mimicking the "Closer Family" mod.

Two: If I wanted to replace the father of one family with a custom Sim I find more appropriate, how do I replace him into that family, completely severing the other Sim? Do I use "Sever Ties"and then start resetting the family from the parents downward? What steps would I take to do that? And is it even possible if there are three generations of family involved (I tried doing this, even making him an NPC and now my Sim is just copied; there are now two showing up in the family tree)?

If I'm not being specific enough, let me know. I would appreciate any help you could give me.

If I need to post this separately, let me know and I will gladly do so.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:20:34 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: