Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:17:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: this is a weird one...  (Read 2489 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaeDae

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:36:14 pm »

okay, about a MONTH ago, i lent my brother my entire hold of sims 2 discs. a week later, i ended up having to uninstall my ENTIRE game, including the base game, due to issues i had during game play because i've been forced to  "End Process" so many darn times.
well, heres where the terror comes;i go into my brothers room and get the case with all of my discs in it. how convenient, i CANT find the BASE GAME :smt120 soooo yeah i ask him where it is and neither of us know where it is, im supposing he lent it out to a friend without telling me.

okay so, currently i have the sims 2 body shop downloaded and installed. i want to use the CC i've downloaded, but here my problem: even if i put the CC files in the downloads folder for The Sims 2 Body Shop, it doesnt show up. i've even tried to use the Clean installer, but to no avail. help pleeeeaaassssseeeeeee:smt120
thanks for the time
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:07:24 am »

Which EP's do you have installed & are you using the correct version of bodyshop meaning the version that came with the latest EP you own?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
MaeDae

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:40:10 am »

i have everything uninstalled, i cant install anything because i dont have my base game because it simply dropped off of the face of the earth after i let my brother borrow it.
i downloaded bodyshop from megagames
weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:39:27 am »

Here's the thing... You have to have The Sims 2 installed in order to use BodyShop, because it collects its custom content from the Downloads folder for the game itself.

I don't know if it will work, but one thing you can try is tricking Body Shop into thinking you have the game installed by creating the folder that it's programed to look into. If you want to try this, you'll want to create any folders you don't have in the following chain:

C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileNameHere\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

You won't have any of the base game meshes, but, theoretically, custom meshes might work. If not, I'm afraid you're stuck trying to find that base game.

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:44:49 am »

Thanks weetzie & I believe you are correct & if he/she doesn't have the base game installed then I doubt the game will even load Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
MaeDae

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:15:38 pm »

all righty then! that sounds like it might work! and even if it doesnt, thank you VERY much for the assistance! (:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:13:28 am »

MaeDae is using the pre-release BodyShop that was part of the game spin-up.  It operates a bit differently from the Body Shop that ships with the game, and makes files that are not always 100% perfectly compatible with the game.

More importantly - you would be well advised to uninstall the downloadable Body Shop prior to installing the game, because the base files of that version may result in package corruption in any projects you start after installing the game.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: