Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:26:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will My Game Work If I move it to D?  (Read 1746 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summer_wine

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:51:46 pm »

My C drive is running on 6% memory and i wanna relieve some of the pressure on it. Will my game work if I move it to D? how can I do that?

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 01:09:31 am »

u mean like moving the game u install or moving My Documents folder with all custom and DLs. I would just move the My Documents to D:. I done it before with no problems. Otherwise, moving the actual game, might next to impossible. The game will be looking for it in C:. So if u want to do that u may have to reinstal the game.

How big is your my documents folder?

How to move My documents folder:

Step I.  First, go to the drive where you want to store "My Documents" and make a folder in that drive called "My Documents"

Step II. Now, click Start, then right click on where you see "My Documents" on the menu, then click Properties. A window will open like the one below.

Step III. Type in the name of the directory and new folder you made then click "Move" and Windows will do the rest for you.  Be sure you type the Drive Letter, the colon and the backslash as shown below!

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:38:04 am »

so i will move the entire my documents folder? not just EA games?

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 02:30:35 am »

it may automatically move the files yes - but if it doesn't - just manually do it - it should work with any version of the game.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: