Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:57:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pets Patch Released  (Read 3074 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dese

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2007, 01:49:24 pm »

Sorry for posting this in two sections, but I figured it might be useful here too!

As found on snootysims.com:

As told a couple days ago, the patch for the Pets expansionpack has now been posted on the official Sims2 site. There is a seperate version for those that have the Digital Download. Also note that in Europe the expansion came on DVD. I think we can assume that the CD patch also works for the DVD version.
Find the link to the patches and the bugfixes here:
- CD patch
- Digital Download patch

Still a simmer at heart, just too busy with my baby to play!
dracine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:58:50 pm »

Extra erroneous panes in the "Glasses" category have been removed.

thank you!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 06:24:11 pm »

looks like they didn't fix the floating children bug :smt104

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
jordi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 07:02:47 pm »

Quote from: Dese;555032
Also note that in Europe the expansion came on DVD. I think we can assume that the CD patch also works for the DVD version.

The CD patch worked on my DVD Version.

For anyone who gets a failure error message from the patcher — try restoring objects.package from compressed.zip on the original disk. In some games (like mine!) objects.package had become corrupted, causing the patch to fail.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 07:27:06 pm »

Yippe-yi-yay!!! Now I can finally get pets! Cheesy (Maybe, though)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 12:00:50 am by Triple_sSs » Logged
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:25 pm »

Finally!

- "roofslopeangle" cheat will now function correctly.
- Custom Sims' face will no longer revert to a default face when moving them into a lot with pets.

Two things I'm very, very glad to see fixed.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
SnickyWhick27

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 12:15:35 pm »

Well, they did fix some things, but there are still a lot of major bugs that didn't get fixed, and people have been reporting that the patch only caused more problems with their games, instead of fixing them so that they are somewhat playable again.  Just figured I'd jump in and let you know about that, since you are talking about the fact that a patch has been released for Sims2 Pets.  If you look on the Sims2.site, and check the forumsyou will notice all the things that are still messed up even with the patch, and things that have been happening to people's games because of it.

:color: Courage isn't the absence of fear, it is knowing that you fear something and have the determination and the strength to face and defeat it:dog:
kere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 05:28:34 pm »

hmm, it doesnt look like a very comprehensive list of "fixes" given how long we've waited for what is perhaps the mots anticipated patch of all.

but I'll take it.
Britpoptarts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 08:56:08 am »

If you are able to play the game without the patch, I recommend waiting to install it until you have an issue. I didn't, and as a result, my game stopped working altogether. It was working fine before, but I installed the patch anyway.

Suddenly I had hack and mod conflicts, crashing, reduced options for graphics, lag, jumping apart Sims, bluescreens, object errors, cats sinking into floors, and so forth. It might not have been the patch, but the timing is certainly suspicious.

It's also possible that my downloaded patch got corrupted. I tried again on a faster connection and uninstalled and reinstalled and a few of the errors cleared up, but not all.

In short, if it isn't broken, don't patch it. Yet. In my non-expert, user-only opinion, that is. If a mod or expert disagrees with my advice, ignore me and listen to them!
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 03:06:02 am »

Quote from: jordi;555417
The CD patch worked on my DVD Version.

For anyone who gets a failure error message from the patcher — try restoring objects.package from compressed.zip on the original disk. In some games (like mine!) objects.package had become corrupted, causing the patch to fail.

Thanks for the tip!  

I got an installation error along with the ominous "you may need to uninstall and reinstall Pets" message.

This saved me major headaches.

The pathname for installing objects.package would have been a useful tip too, but I managed to find it myself.

For anyone else getting the error and needing that pathname it's

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Objects

Thank you for saving me some struggling Jordi. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: