Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:53:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploading/Packaging Sims created in CAS  (Read 2545 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cinamun

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2007, 01:02:26 am »

Can anyone please point me in the direction of how I can upload a Sim that was NOT created in bodyshop?  My bodyshop has not worked since I uninstalled all EPs (uni, nl and ofb) and reinstalled them months ago, I've tried everything (deleting cache file, etc) but I still cant get bodyshop to "respond".  I have a few sims that i've created in CAS and are now living in various neighborhoods that i'd like to upload.  Is there anyway to do this if they were 1) Created in CAS and 2) already living in the neighborhood or in the family bin?

Also, if a sim is created in CAS, is there a way to package them directly from the CAS screen?

Thanks in advance guys.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:09:09 am by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:14:30 am »

While it's possible to extract a sim created in game using SimPE, to package that sim to share, you'll need Bodyshop.  If you haven't deleted cigen.package in addition to Groups.cache, try that.  It's used only by Bodyshop, so if you have one floating around your directory from before you uninstalled and reinstalled, it could be causing a problem.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:35 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;554516
While it's possible to extract a sim created in game using SimPE, to package that sim to share, you'll need Bodyshop.  If you haven't deleted cigen.package in addition to Groups.cache, try that.  It's used only by Bodyshop, so if you have one floating around your directory from before you uninstalled and reinstalled, it could be causing a problem.

*makes note to get SimPE*

Thank you, I cant remember if I deleted cigen.package too, I know I deleted the .cache, I'm going to try that now.  I'll come back and let you know if it works, THANK YOU!

********EDIT*********

Yeah, no luck deleting that cigen file either... I cant believe I killed my bodyshop lol

So even with simPE i'd still need my bodyshop working to package my sim? Shucks...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:30:22 am by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 02:19:30 am »

I just thought of something else.  Check the shortcut you're using to start Bodyshop.  It looks like your latest EP is OFB, so the properties of the shortcut should be pointing to that.  If not, that's your problem.

Try starting Bodyshop from the Start Menu.  If it does work there using OFB, delete the shortcut on your desktop or where ever you keep it, and drag the OFB one out.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:32:58 pm »

Im going to try this, thank you so much for the help.

Through your help i've gotten my bodyshop to finally load, only problem is its extremely slow, I think thats because of the sheer amount of custom content it has to sort through.  Nevertheless, its working.  Thank you so much.

***EDIT***

Weird.. its speeding up now..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:14:13 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: