Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:37:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Card Problem?  (Read 1523 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rutet

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 06:18:34 pm »

Hi

I need some help. I dont know if this is the right place to put this , but today when i has on game my monitor turn on black. I close the computer and try reboot but monitor is always black. What´s hapenning? My monitor crash? problems with video card? Help please.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:33:29 am »

rutet - it is possible that your monitor died.  This does happen.

check to make sure the cable is connected to the back of the computer if this is a tower sort of system.  if it is a laptop, or the wire is securely attached, check the brightness contrast controls.

If you have a laptop, then it will probably need to go back to the manufacturer for service.  If it is a tower system, try a different monitor, then try a different video card if the monitor is still black.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:37:57 pm »

More than likely your monitor or vidcard went bad.  My monitor did the same thing a few weeks ago, turns out it's number was up.  Your vidcard may be overheating as well.  Never hurts to clean your cooling fans, any openings in the case that let air circulate, and the heat syncs with some Qtips.  Also check to make sure your vidcard is securely in it's slot on the motherboard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: