Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:59:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Needing a Little Bit of Help  (Read 10275 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wolfbaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 02:04:59 am »

I've been looking for Battlestar stuff forever! So I'm glad to see this thread.
Your Dualla looks especially good.  I'm not so sure about Roslin, though... she's pretty difficult to capture.  Myabe I'll take a stab at her if you'd like the help?

Do you have sims for the other characters as well?  The Baltar on MTS2 is pretty good.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 04:14:04 am »

I've been looking for Battlestar stuff forever! So I'm glad to see this thread.
Your Dualla looks especially good. I'm not so sure about Roslin, though... she's pretty difficult to capture. Myabe I'll take a stab at her if you'd like the help?

First off, I'm glad you like the Dualla sim (the funny thing is, the Sim did not start its life as a Dualla Sim, just as a misc. sim I was toying around with).  Well, I'm mainly working off of feedback and the episodes I have that feature the character of Roslin.  To be honest, at this point, I think that is the best and the most close likeness I can get to the actress.  But if you want to help, please let me know in what way you mean and we'll see where things go from there.

Do you have sims for the other characters as well? The Baltar on MTS2 is pretty good.

I have both the Baltar and Six from MTS2, the Jamie Bamber (I think it was either from the exchange or MTS2), a Starbuck (from the Exchange) and the Boomer (Exchange).  A user at the Ragnar Anchorage BBoard liked how both the Roslin and Dualla Sims looked and told me he was hoping I would do Adama and Tigh next (though I wouldn't mind doing them, I think Adama would be the most difficult to do due to how the skin on EJO's face is.  I think that would be difficult to correctly simulate).

Both the Roslin and Dualla Sim are going to be used in a test comic I'm working on for a fan fic series I'm trying to get off the ground (the comic is mainly consisting of screencaps from various episodes and has two {possibly three} sequences that use "The Sims 2").  I'm also trying to make a couple of Cylon Centurion variations and am hoping to find any other users that have made Centurion or Centurion-like Sims for "The Sims 2" but do not require any content above NightLife (I have only University and NightLife EPs.  No plans on purchasing OFB).  A lot of work going into it.  But I do hope to make both the Roslin and Dualla Sim characters available for download.
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 09:36:06 am »

Seriously well done so far! She looks very tricky to capture, and the resemblance is there.

I think you should:
*Make the nose tip point upwards a little bit
*Make her lips turn down slightly
*Give her some darkish lipstick (not a gloss, too shiney) - try either IcedMango or Helane
*Change the hair - possibly to XM45 - basicly so that it covers the forehead, will make comparing them easier Smiley

Sorry for the long list!! Hope it helps you Cheesy You are doing very well!

CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 01:18:39 pm »

No problem.  All constructive feedback is welcome.  I'll try to make the changes and include the pictures soon.  It may take some time, because I am a little bogged down by my school work and whatnot.
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 09:33:41 pm »

Here's a new picture with the updates xnymphetaminex suggested.  I must admit, I like the lipstick I went with for the Sim, but the hair you suggested definately doesn't seem to fitt the Sim IMO.  Of course, the opinion is to the gallery.

The picture was taken within Bodyshop.  Don't have a lot of time to load the game.  The lipstick used is Helaene 901 Kissable.

* RoslinVersion4A.jpg (232.61 KB, 600x544 - viewed 296 times.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:36:22 pm by CB2001 » Logged
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 08:18:32 am »

...your right the hair doesnt look right! Cheesy The lipstick looks great imao. Well done with the sim.

CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 01:55:11 pm »

It's no problem.  I actually like the hair I originally was using from the previous pictures.  I think that is the closest that I could ever find to what Mary's hair is like in real life (if its not like that in RL, it's been like that in both "Battlestar Galactica" and "Dances with Wolves").  Smiley
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 10:07:45 pm »

This will be the final version.  I've decided to stick with the hair I went with in the beginning because I posted pictures of the Sim over at a BSG Fan BBoard and users commented on how dead-on the hair of the Sim was.  So, this is will be the final version of the Sim (there is always the possibility of doing a 2.0 version later on).  This will be the Sim featured in the test comic for my BSG-related machinima comic book fan fiction series I'm working on and will be made available sometime soon.

If there is anything else anyone would like to contribute, by all means do so.

I thank everyone who were willing to help out.  I owe you all big time.  Smiley

* RoslinFinalVersion.jpg (147.2 KB, 500x439 - viewed 230 times.)
Ashtaroth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 10:58:57 pm »

I think it looks great...the only suggestion I have is to place the eyes just a little closer together!  Its awsome...a great likeness!
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 11:39:47 pm »

Thank you Ashtaroth.  I'll make the alteration for the Sim (however, I will be sticking with the following Sim in the picture when it comes to the test comic of my machinima comic book fan fiction series.  I've already finished taking the pictures using this Sim for the dream sequence and I would hate to have to go back and reshoot those shots again).  But the alteration will be made for the Sim for the downloadable version.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: