Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:32:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims2 Hates me!  (Read 2174 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:49:07 pm »

It's doing it again! :smt120

I was playing yesterday and I got an error saying "Sims2 Pets has Crashed!" (or something like that)

So, I went to restart my game and it gave me another error message saying: "Pets2 needs files from the Sims2.  In order to play the expansion pack, please install Sims2."

.........?

I never deleted anything!!! GRRRR!

Any suggestions?

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

:love6:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:59:13 am »

blurg - just a base guess - you have registry corruption in the Windows Registry -- OR -- you ran out of resources because of something.  Running the game for extended periods of time seems to cause this for some users.  The problem is that when Windows runs out of resources, bad things generally happen.  Not knowing what your current system specifications are, I can only guess.

If you re-install the base game, make sure you first back up your downloads and neighbourhoods by moving them to a different locations such as the desktop.  I hope simply re-installing the Base Game will resolve the problem.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:31:39 pm »

Thank you.  I did have the game running for a couple of days. >blush<

It's just easier to shrink it, then to restart all the time.

I'll try this! Smiley

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

Belongstoasailor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 09:06:18 am »

Thank you, it worked! Smiley

But I trusted Sim Clean Installer and it highlighted alot of stuff pink, so I deleted it and now half my clothes are gone. >pout<

* Britt *
Proud USN Wife

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 02:46:31 pm »

Yeah - Sims2Pack Clean Installer does seem to give a lot of "false positives" these days.

What I do is sort by the MD5 checksum and carefully inspect each item by name (the mouse-over info) - image - and description before I delete anything.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: