Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:48:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is there a way to make the game faster without deleating all my downloads?  (Read 2527 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CobainFan

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:10 am »

the title should be self-explanitory. when i go to start my game it takes like an hour to load! i have a huge downloads folder but i really don't want to delete thgem, so is there a way to make the faster by using the computer?

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:04 am »

The only thing I can think of is to get more RAM, how much do you have right now?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:52:36 am »

More RAM, faster RAM, faster hard drives (RAID 0) and/or a better CPU would all help. If you don't want to lose your downloads the only way to increase speed of loading is better hardware.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:21:43 pm »

An hour to load wow!  I would suggest you weekly delete your groups.cache file, it does help a bit sometimes to speed things up.

But more ram and faster hard drive will definetely help like suggested.

There must be some downloads you never use in all this, you do a little clean-up it should help too.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:13 pm »

You could try closing windows processes with the task manager. I'm not sure if it will make the game load faster, but it will play faster once you are in the game.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 08:47:49 am »

thank you all for your suggestions. i do have a fast computer which is the sad part. i 'll tey and get mor ram

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: