Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:42:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jump bug issues!! Please help!  (Read 2334 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:29:34 pm »

I have a jump bug.  I know what a jump bug is and I followed all the directions in the thread about it.  I know it's a bug in the game now... it has nothing to do with my mods.  And it started happening after I installed Glamour Life, Family Fun and Pets.  Yes... I installed them all at once.  Do I have to unintall all my expansions AND the core game (Huh??!!!) or can I just uninstall and reinstall those last three?  Help... :icon9:

oops... I guess I should say when the bugs occur.  It always happens when I call the maid, adoption, gardening, or exterminator services...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 09:31:31 pm by timberario » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 09:40:24 pm »

No need to uninstall your games.  You've got a phone hack that wasn't updated when you updated to Pets.  You may have a couple other mods/hacks that need to be updated too.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 10:38:56 pm »

but when i was trying to find out which hack was messing up my game... i took them all out of my downloads folder and the bug was still there.  and just now i went and made sure all my hacks are compatible with pets and they are... or so Im lead to believe.  the hacks i have are... inteen, insim, no censor, preg wear all clothes, have sex instead of woohoo, the cock mod, lot full of sims, adopt teens, and triplets and quads... whats the dealio?  do i have some secret magical mod that i cant find with clean installer?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 10:43:40 pm »

If you have subfolders, it's very easy for mods or pieces of mods to slip into one as you categorize your downloads.  The Have Sex mod is not compatible with Inteen if I remember correctly.  A couple of the Inteen mods are classified as Clothing, so if you've used CI to move clothing around, you may very well have a copy of the OFB files with them.

Check also in the SavedSims and Teleport folders.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 10:51:14 pm »

thanks!!... i forgot about the silly teleport folder... i hope something is somewhere... my poor gay couples are so miserable... that adopt want never gets fulfilled!

EDIT:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... i cant find it and am slowly giving up.  ive looked everywhere.  i guess the last thing to do is to take out every subfolder from my downloads and put it back till i find the one with the problem?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:40:06 am by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 11:42:39 pm »

If you haven't run Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility found at http://www.simwardrobe.com, give that a try.  Also running Clean Installer to scan your downloads folder recursively, then sorting by MD5 or by name, you may find something.  

With both programs, they will tell you what is modifying the same code and game code, respectively.  That's doesn't mean it's a problem, but it is something to take a look at.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 02:10:42 pm »

SOLVED!  I found a hack that I didn't know about but it didnt fix my problem till... I don't know what happened but I feel stupid now.  As a last ditch effort I went to a new neighborhood to try to adopt and it worked!  I guess the glitch was just in the one neighborhood... which is sad and lame... but I deleted the neighborhood and and all is right in Timberario's SimLand...!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: