Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:33:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accessory Clitch in CAS  (Read 2305 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MellieC

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:55:03 am »

Hi all.

I have this wierd thing happening everytime I open CAS in my game.  When ever I click on the accessory/make up option, the screen get's very slow and clitchy.  It doesn't do this with any of the other CAS options, just the make up/accessory one.  It's been happening for quite sometime now and I can't seem to figure out why.  Also, all of my Nightlife lots are very slow and kind of glithcy too but none of the other lots in my game are.  I have all EPs and the OFB lots and the Uni lots work just fine.  I also don't know if the NL lot problem and the CAS problem are related but it wouldn't surprise me.  Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:59:56 am by MellieC » Logged

Any J Rock fans here?  If so, I could use some critquing. Smiley
Click Here
junkiebox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:17:45 am »

I have the same problem and no solutions so far...

They know my fears and cry in my tears
Through a face without an eye at all
MellieC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 11:33:10 am »

So, I'm not the only one then.  I was thinking maybe it was a clitchy accessory or eye color but I can't seem to find which one it it is.  It's so annoying.

Click Here
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:19:28 pm »

the slow down you are seeing is normal and typical for most users.  Keep in mind that Maxis specifically chose to NOT include accessories like jewelry, but only glasses.  And many of the items that are now categories as glasses are far more complex than anything Maxis designed or intended for use in the game.  With the increasing amount of content that is "stackable" it is bound to happen than many people with low end and mid range video cards will experience a sort of lagging in this section of the creation screens..

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
MellieC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 04:46:40 pm »

Ahh, okay, that makes sense.  I do have a fairly good video card but it's not top of the line.  However, my NL lots haven't always been laggy.  It seems to me that didn't start happening until I installed Uni or OFB I believe.  Maybe in the NL case, all of it is just too much game for the card to handle properly.    

Thank you beosboxboy.

Click Here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: