Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:06:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloading a sim and custom content  (Read 1517 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Venbury

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:50:06 am »

I would like to download a Sim.  What is the easiest way to ensure you get everyone credited for the custom content you used.  Is there a place to find this because when you make the Sim in bodyshop, it only saves one file to the saved Sim folder, which makes it hard to know what you used and who created it.  Also, how does everone get the action shots they upload when the saved sims are just the body shop manequin shots.  Where are these action shots catured and stored at?  I looked in story editor but it seems that only my most recent 2-3 pics are retained here.

Thanks,
Ven
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 02:15:31 pm »

venbury - the best way is to use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to extract the files to a temporary folder, then use SimPE to scour the files for text that names the creator.  Since not all artists do this, it is not always possible to give proper credit, so tag those items as "unsigned artist" and when able include the text the artist inserted so : "my weird eyeshadow" by unsigned artist

alternately you can make a screencap of the S2PCI content viewer :

originally posted by Ms Simbodies

Just do the best you can, if anyone bitches tell me and I will deal with it.

* Clipboard03.jpg (30.13 KB, 480x286 - viewed 176 times.)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Venbury

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 03:48:23 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: