Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 03:26:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Milkshape Help!  (Read 2502 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Razamataz

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:20:38 pm »

In Milkshape when I try and combine 2 meshs with the bone tool I crash out..  I have seen this problemposted elsewhere. If anyone has a fix for this let me know If not would some one Do the bone fixes on this mesh sence I cant with my present problem?:smt120

* Maid_Heels.zip (228.47 KB - downloaded 138 times.)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:27:09 pm »

ok - there is something wrong with your mesh - it appears you may have imported additional bones when adding the 2nd mesh with the heels.

Any attempt I made to even check the assignments resulted in a crash.  I attempted to regroup the shoes and body - it crashed.

If you have your original meshes (body & shoes) then start over from them - export the body_alpha from the bad mesh as an OBJ and import it into the new good mesh - you will need to alter the group comment so Unimesh will retain it - but the assignments for that particular portion of the mesh would be smaller and easy to re-assign than repeating any extensive work.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 11:31:23 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 11:37:49 pm »

Will see what I can do that way I was using the Meshing tutorial 3 over at mod the sims to do this..  I use Milkshape Not Unimesh But thanks Thanks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 11:42:39 pm by Razamataz » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 01:26:43 am »

Razamataz - Unimesh plug-ins are listed as a requirement in that tutorial:

You will need:

Quote from: tiggerypum, MTS2
   SimPE, Milkshape, Unimesh 4.06 (or higher)
Make sure Unimesh is 4.0.6 or above, because it has improved code for reading in second meshes. (don't have them, go do the beginner tutorial!)

The downloadable patterns from this tutorial

Demon432's Tools – both align normals and extended edit. To install them, download both files. You then need to move the two files named msExtendedManualEdit.dll and msAlignNormals.dll to
My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Milkshape 3D (whatever version you’re using)

For this tutorial I used Unimesh 4.06, Milkshape 1.7.9, SimPE .58

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 03:54:17 pm »

Ok I had them installed and thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: