Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:31:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for the problem with the mailbox  (Read 2021 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lilpooh

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:08:13 pm »

hello everyone

I'm hoping (dude I'm praying) someone out there has encountered.

This problem occured last couple of weeks and I need help to narrow the search for a object that has caused my mailbox to have all the boolprop testingcheasts option.  My game has crashed since this option has been on the mailboxes and after 3 days and a total of 20 hours with removing and restoring all custom content I have not found the problem.

After all the problem with pets and adding and subtracting after the holidays my game was FINALLY working as a game and not a test in my sanity.  and then the mailbox thing just had to go and ruin it.

I'm at my wits end and I'm a custom content addict but this one is about to cure me.  I've run the hack scan and cleaner and have not been able to indentify the object that was added to cause the problem.

If you out there have had this happen and you know what object or house it came with PLEASE...PLEASE.....let me know.  I just can't do this for another day or I'll crack!!!

Thanks
LilPooh

EA Games/Maxis -- Learn the 7 "P's"-EP 4
Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.
Look for new series "Living in Paradise" Dec 06
  and the return of "Alstaria Heights" in Jan 07
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 08:10:08 pm »

Do you have See Them 2, by any chance?
lilpooh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 08:21:43 pm »

Yes but I've had that installed for quite some time.  Has a problem risen involving it?  But it would seem something would be interfering with it and that something I'd like to know what "It" is.  But if you have a theory please enlighten me
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:23:52 pm by lilpooh » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 08:37:53 pm »

See Them 2 in most cases is just installed with all options enabled when there's only one effect people really want.

Most users do not need testingcheatsenabled set to true.  See Them will enable this causing ObjectErrors to pop up and save to disk and they have no clue what to do about it.  Nor to they need snapobjectstogrid set to false.  See Them does that too, and then players wonder why they can't place doors and windows.  The 3rd little needed cheat is allow45degreeangleofrotation true.  For most objects this will not present a problem, but if you don't need it why have it?

Chances are your game is crashing because you may have recently moved to a newer EP and didn't upgrade your See Them to a compatible version if they have one.
lilpooh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 08:43:39 pm »

Thanks AH
I did not update that hack and I added OFB & Pets at the same time.  So perhaps I didn't notice.  I'll update the See Them(the version I have a installed last Feb. 06) and see if it corrects.  Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:50:18 pm by lilpooh » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: