Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:43:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bigg Prob for me......  (Read 3513 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dark_jean

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 04:53:14 am »

Can ne1 plzzz tell whr to get custom objects wich can work for both sims 2 base and xpansion packs.......bcoz i downloaded many objects for my sims 2 base game n none appeared in my xpansion packs (xcept for clothes, hair, make-up, skintones)....and shud i install them in the sims 2 download folder or some whr else to get them in my game?Huh?...plzzz do reply.....

I am fire...I am life incarnate...I am the Phoenix
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 05:04:53 am »

Dark jean, some objects require meshes for them to show in the game and also make sure that your CC (Custom Content) in Enabled in your game, which is under game options. Remeber that some objects require certain EP's in order to show up as well.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 05:16:50 am »

yes.....but i had downloaded the meshes n they were working fine in my base game......but after i installed nl, uni and ofb.....nothing is turning up.....now i enabled the custom content....then there was a list of stuff which were crashing with the game and there was almost everything wich i had downloaded......but when i disabled the CC option those stuff turned up in the expansion games but my sims were not moving at all......then shud i re-download those stuff again?Huh?...n whr shud i place them?Huh?

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 05:27:29 am »

Instead of request, this thread and any other future problems needs to be posted in the help section. Im sure someone will move it there.

Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 05:29:00 am »

I'll move it, and dark_jean, could you please speak English? We don't allow "netspeak" here. It's difficult to read and understand what you're asking for.

Thank you.
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 05:35:57 am »

oops! Sorry! So can you help me out please? And i also wanted to ask if i download any stuff for my expansion packs, where should i install them? in the sims 2 base game download folder or elsewhere to work in my expansion packs?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:42:05 am by dark_jean » Logged

Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 05:42:39 am »

I think what you should do is intall sims2pack clean installer if you dont already have it from here: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

run it and delete files that are highlighted in red or disable them

go into your game and enable custom content then turn off your game and restart it and see if that works

It might be that your hacks are not compatible with the expansion packs that you are using. I am trying to help but its difficult to understand exactally waht is going on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:50:13 am by Innocent » Logged

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 05:48:28 am »

All downloads go in the same file, except for packages.

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 05:50:54 am »

Thanks!! I will try that right away.

MellieC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 11:18:51 am »

After you install a new EP, move your downloads folder to your desktop or my documents (or somewhere out of the game, don't delete it, just move it), open body shop from your new EP and body shop will automatically create a new downloads folder in your game.  Then, move all of your downloads out of your old folder and put them your new one and your stuff should show up in your game.  All you have to do after that is make sure what ever you transfer is compatible with your new EP.  If something isn't, check the site that you got the download from for updates.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:22:12 am by MellieC » Logged

Any J Rock fans here?  If so, I could use some critquing. Smiley
Click Here
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 09:36:50 pm »

Quote from: MellieC;563401
After you install a new EP, move your downloads folder to your desktop or my documents (or somewhere out of the game, don't delete it, just move it), open body shop from your new EP and body shop will automatically create a new downloads folder in your game.  Then, move all of your downloads out of your old folder and put them your new one and your stuff should show up in your game.  All you have to do after that is make sure what ever you transfer is compatible with your new EP.  If something isn't, check the site that you got the download from for updates.

Thank you! I will try this too. I hope this will work.

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 08:58:35 am »

Yeeyay! Your suggestion worked great MellieC! Thanks a ton! Now I can finally play the sims properly. Thanks again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: