Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:18:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolution change?  (Read 2902 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dread

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:47:09 pm »

As seen in a previously made topic on here, I'm having trouble changing the resolution on TS2. I changed my computer's res to 1024x768... I think... but nothing happened. I also wanted to know if it would be faster if I changed the resolution. Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst's speed changed when I changed the resolution, and not for the better... no resolution changes appear in Display Options in the game, either.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:50:42 pm »

With no additional resolutions showing up in the game display options, your video card will not support higher resolutions.  We've gone through this before if I remember correctly.  

In answer to the performance, higher resolutions will most likely decrease performance.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:52:26 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;565571
With no additional resolutions showing up in the game display options, your video card will not support higher resolutions.  We've gone through this before if I remember correctly.  

In answer to the performance, higher resolutions will most likely decrease performance.

OK, thanks for the help. I suppose 800X600 is OK until I get Vista.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:53:23 pm »

Even with Vista, if you don't upgrade your video board and possibly your monitor you'll be limited to 800x600.
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:55:03 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;565576
Even with Vista, if you don't upgrade your video board and possibly your monitor you'll be limited to 800x600.

Well, when I get Vista I'll be buying an entirely new PC, not just the disc.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 12:35:52 am »

Research what you buy very very carefully. Most if not all out of the box PCs will not run any game well. I would say if you can swing the cash have a PC built for you. Get atlest 1gig of ram, the very best card you can and a nice FAT hard drive for alll the nice Downloads.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:42:52 am »

Quote from: nova-storm;566617
Research what you buy very very carefully. Most if not all out of the box PCs will not run any game well. I would say if you can swing the cash have a PC built for you. Get atlest 1gig of ram, the very best card you can and a nice FAT hard drive for alll the nice Downloads.

And expansions... and TS3... but, my current was built for me, too... back in 2002, but, still...

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 02:23:41 am »

Dread - the best thing for you to do is to make yourself knowledgeable about computer hardware and game technology.  The best way to do this is always a matter of tailoring things to the way you are entertained & learn; not everyone gets their jollies from reading reading reviews of hardware in Old High Geekish.  Both game makers and video card manufacturers are a bit like used car salesmen in urban myth, totally without morals, they will gladly sell you white wall tyres and extra chrome that does nothing but claim they are significant features.

So I recommend two publications, one sort of dry, the other sort of fun: Consuer Union's Consumer Reports & a game review magazine of your choice.  I prefer Computer Games magazine (http://www.cgonline.com/) because they generally don't have any qualms about roasting a bad game; because they are pretty harsh with badly made games, their publication tends to be a bit slender, but it is all pertinent info.

Then after a while and when you are more knowledgeable about computer games and hardware, add a tech review magazine to the list. Ziff Davis is THE publisher of computer magazines, their PC Magazine is perhaps the best of their product line for reviews.

Knowledge is power.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
platinum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 02:38:09 am »

So I recommend two publications, one sort of dry, the other sort of fun: Consuer Union's Consumer Reports & a game review magazine of your choice. I prefer Computer Games magazine (http://www.cgonline.com/)

You have been posting the most helpful web links, not just in this post
  with in the whole `General Sims 2 Help.  Thank you.’

§ You can always tell the quality of a person's character by how they treat the people they don't need. §
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: