Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:14:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: for story pics--thought/speech bubble images  (Read 4143 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
psionexile

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:20:21 pm »

Are the images you see in the thought bubbles and the speech bubbles stored somewhere in the game files you've installed onto your computer, or on the game disks themselves?

What I want to be able to do is take pictures of sims thinking/discussing topics appropriate to the scene, by cut-and-pasting those images into the picture over the bubbles already present (does that make any sense?).

I can try and hunt for the pictures I want in-game, take screen caps and get them that way--but that could be tedious, especially for images I want that don't come up that often.  I figure I can "guide" the disussion using the "change topic" command, but even so I can't control exactly what they're saying.  Plus, I'm pretty sure that sims won't speak or think of generic items from the Buy catalog except in "watch clouds"/"stargaze," and I don't know of any way to guide those processes.  There must be other thought/speech bubble images I can't bring up, that I simply haven't decided I need yet.

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks, psionexile.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:29:37 pm »

If you know how to use Sim PE, you can adjust the interests of your Sims, ie, crime, entertainment, fashion, etc.

One thing: If Sim A has a high interest (a 9 or 10) in some areas, and Sim B has a low interest, they may argue more, particularly if they have a low relationship score.  With Sim PE, you can adjust this too.

You can turn off/of thought bubbles too, with the cheat,

Click control, shift, c, then type in:

showHeadlines off
showHeadlines on

If you mistype and get an error message, type in exit to exit out of the space you type in.  It won't exit out your game.

To install SimPE, follow their instructions explicitly.
Find it here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/

I found SimPE to be wonderful.  Back up your game first, however, as they wisely advise as people do make errors.

There may be other answers to your question, but that's all I can think of for right now.

Good luck,  Vita

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:23:10 am »

If you're looking for a sim to think/talk on command about a [CC] item then you will have to take two seperate pictures - one of the ingame object and one where you will paste it. To get the sizing right, try telling them to "view" the object and then take a photo of the thought bubble.

That's how to do it via photoshopping, the only way I really use. For ingame, see the above post ^^

-Gemma-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: