Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 01:25:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blurry groundcovers, anyone?  (Read 2939 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summer_wine

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2007, 11:41:45 pm »

I only have like 10 CC groundcovers in my game. Let's say 5 of those are from komosims and they're blurry. The other 4 from different creators, still blurry. Only 1 is not blurry but it's for a frozen pond look so not really flexible.

even the maxis groundcovers are blurry.

Sad

any suggestions why and what i should do? it's really making my outside shots less interesting.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:30:23 am »

Check your graphic settings and make sure that "texture detail" option is set to high.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:14 am »

it is, it is... everything is fine except for when i use a ground cover Sad

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:32 am »

I had an issue once where some of my clothes were very blurry whenever I had "neighborhood view" on. Thats an option with Nightlife. It was suggested to me to turn off neighborhood view to ease up on all the graphics, well, in that neighborhood, I had tons of buildings LOL I got a little too happy with the downtown skyscrapers that came with Nightlife! Once I turned Neighborhood view off, no more blurry anything. In not so populated and decorated neighborhoods, I can turn neighborhood view on and there will be no blur.

...enjoying the game.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 01:09:37 am »

well my hood is hardly populated. i have like 5 houses in the entire hood. and i rarely turn neighboorhood view on because there's really nothing there LOL

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 05:19:45 am »

summer wine - what version of th game are you playing PC or Mac?  and what is your video card?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 06:38:18 am »

i have a PC and for the video card... i have no idea. Sad how do i know what video card?

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:29:32 pm »

Open the control panel, click on Display, then click the settings tab and it should be listed there.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 12:40:12 pm »

okay... don't laugh if it's like ancient or something okay? promise?

this is what it says:

Plug and Play MOnitor on VIA/S3g UniChrome Pro IGP

I have no idea what means. but hope it makes sense to you guys. Wink

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:13 pm »

Ouch; that is integrated graphics meaning you have no card and it operates off the motherboard and uses system RAM for video RAM. The purchase of a video card is recommended but you will first need to determine if you need an AGP, PCI or PCI-E type card. I suggest you contact the computer manufacturer to determine which type you need. You should be able to get something better than what you have for less than $100 US or you could spend several hundred dollars (depending on your financial situation.) Almost anything 128 MB and up is better than what you have.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 01:47:07 pm »

yes that would explain it - your video card is the VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro IGP (the IG here stands for Intergrated Graphics); the VIA/S3 series is notoriously weak on 3D contrary to what the marketing may lead you to believe.  It isn't supported by many games (City of Heroes, City of Villains, etc), and has wek to marginal support in many other games (low settings only in most instances).

What Micco advises is best, you will need a video card to replace that.  Then you may have to fiddle with BIOS settings etc, so it is something you may have to have done at a computer repair & sales shop.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 03:49:25 am »

aww... thanks for the info guys. i guess i'll just have to live with it then... i have no moolah! Sad

but thanks for explaining it to me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: