Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:13:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I killed body shop  (Read 1860 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:48:20 am »

Ok. Me and this program just aren't getting along. I was going through the EA Games folder on my computer and noticed that the stuff for pets wasn't in a folder that said The Sims 2 Pets, like the rest of the expansion packs were. I moved all the data for pets into a folder that I named The Sims 2 Pets (exactly like that, with the caps and all) and when moving the TSData folder, I got a message that said moving this folder could confuse the game because the files have been moved (not the exact words, but hey). So I go to start up body shop and, first off, there's a default icon, not the body shop one. Then, in body shop, there's no sim showing up. The side of the screen where the sim is supposed to be is just black. I can click on components, and it's making changes, but nothing shows up. I deleted the files (like cigen, accessories, and something.cache, can't remeber exactly), then started up Pets so the game could regenerate them. In bodyshop, none of the premade sims show up, but they do in the game. So I'm thinking everything is fine, but when I go back to bodyshop, nothing's changed. Did I permanently kill this thing? Do I have to reinstall? Cuz if I do, I'm not going to bother with that piece of crap bodyshop anymore.
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:59:19 am »

was it working fine before you did all this?

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:23:26 am »

Well, was it working before you moved Pets?

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:10:27 pm »

babyblue - you made a common mistake for newbie computer users.  Often the act of "tidying up" is a bad thing on a computer.  Many years ago, I cleaned up the "stupid files" that were in no folder at the root of the hard drive... this was an excelsior bad idea, and rendered the computer unable to boot.

If you can remember the location and name of the old folder, then move everything back and it should be right as rain again in your world.

Otherwise you will have to unistall and re-install the Pets EP, and this may be a lot of trouble that requires you have directions from EA or Aspyr technical support.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 02:50:35 pm »

Yes, it was working fine after pets. In fact, that was the only time I ever used it.

Stupid bodyshop. Move everything back was the first thing I did when it wouldn't work right. But thanks for the help, guys. I'm not going to bother with it anymore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: