Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:59:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, how do I mod "transparent" sims and the like?  (Read 1377 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BionixWV33

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:38:13 am »

See, I want to be able to have a sim, such as the ones found at Simslice, MTS2, that are headless, invisible, or transparent, and have it's teeth and eyes show correctly, and not be see thru themselves, so I could then apply one of my full facemask makeups, and have that work correctly as well, and not be see thru either. Basically, I want to make a few sims that are closer, so to speak, to invisible characters that have been featured in movies and such.Granted, in those, the person is completely invisible until they either apply makeup all over, or wrap themselves in whatever,but with an invisi-sim, I need the eyes and teeth to show right first off, then have the facemask show right. So, can anybody help me?

25 surgeries by age 30,2 1/2 feet of scarring on upper torso,Quarter pound or so of titanium in jaws and cheeks, and 2 foot long rods hooked into spine.
After all that, and much more, still saying 'C'mon, Fate, give me more. I'M STILL STANDING!"Cheesy
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 02:01:47 am »

I have no idea if what you are asking is even possible.

Eric did a mod so sims will appear invisible but it is not partial.  This is the mod I am talking about:  Family Ghost v2

Maybe there is a way to edit it so people can select some part still appears but I am not a modder and I have absolutely no idea if this is even possbile or not and how much work it would require.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:05:54 am by MissDoh » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:33:15 am »

Bionix what you are requesting is next to impossible.  The transparency of Sims is controlled by one of two methods: ghost status (which is an effect that the game automatically renders to the enire sim, including makeup) and transparency via the genetic skintone (which hacks the sim to make it have a "glass" characteristic).  The exact nature of what you want would require a far more sophisticated level of masking than the current alpha masking of the game.  I also checked in The Movies to see if it was possible in that game, not in the base version or the EPs I have.

In theory what you ask is possible, but would require an elaborate set of props and meshes and hacked files.  For example, a face mesh that floats microns above the surface of the existing face mesh that carries the texture of the makeup that is not transparent/translucent.  There would be no way to animate this 2nd face mesh - so it would be like a ceramic mask in behaviour.

You might then use an animated texture like boblishman used with his fairywings, but again, this has rapidly moved beyond a simple request.  It would require at least a degree of pioneering work.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: