Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:51:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: INSTALLING CUSTOM CONTENT  (Read 1964 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Amanda77

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:09:01 am »

G'day,

My wonderful husband brought me a 250G harddrive ($40.00 yeay) so I have more working space....love him lots and lots.  Anyhoo, I have reloaded all my sims packs...base, uni, nightlife, ofb and pets and have put back my custom content into the EA Games download folder....now my question is

Can you open multiple sims2pack files at once, as opposed to click on each individual file to open and install.  The reason I ask is my "wall and floor" file is chockers (really full for those who don't live in Australia :-P ) and to do each file individually is going to take a really, really long time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Amanda-Lyn
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 05:30:29 am »

You can, by selecting them all and double clicking on one, but it actually takes a lot longer than just doin it manually and can sometimes make the computer freeze up
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:31:30 am by spookymuffin » Logged

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:23:35 am »

Amanda - there is a utility at MTS2 that can be used for multiple Sims2Packs, but be forwarned!  it has serious problems with some files.  If the original file has a space in the name or a non-Latin character (like æ, é, Ω, Я, or 開) it will clip the name; but will be very safe for floors and walls.

Delphy's Multi-Sims2Pack Installer is generally considered obsolete, but I use it a whole lot more to extract files than I use Sims2Pack Clean Installer - since S2PCI adds .package again to the files it extracts even if they already have .package - go figure.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Amanda77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:31:19 am »

Thank you for your help.  I will give that a go.  I will of course check the names to ensure minimum carnage of my files.

Once again, thank you for your time.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 06:55:24 am »

Smith: maybe a programme to extract RAR files.  But ZIP should be supported by Windows XP and Mac OS X.

You can find a list of free programmes to work with RAR files here: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27964

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: