Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:15:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Houses-custom content-deselecting?  (Read 1476 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:13:59 am »

I know before Pets, you couldn't delete Terrain paints. but after a devastating crash in whick I lost the entrie drive, I am now re-installing all my Sims2 files. I read somewhere you can now delete some Terrain paints, but what about the other content in the house? ie: object recolor, game object? wall? floor?
I realize some game objects will be necessary-windows, doors, but what can you safely deselect and still be able to install the house without all the extra stuff you may not want?

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:26:46 am »

Recols and walls will not affect a thing; the walls will show as unfinished and the recolored object will revert to the default color but you might run into trouble with the flooring if you don't install. Windows, doors and objects should not (in most cases) be included in a Sims2Pack as the creators of those things generally request they be linked to for download.

When I post a lot, I include nothing other than content I have created. It is then up to the individual to browse the CC list I include and decide what they do and do not want. If they don't download it, it doesn't show up.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:21:30 am »

Thanks so much for your help, before the crash my Object recolor folder had 30,000 files, most of which I didn't use, now I can keep that folder to a much more reasonable level.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: