Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:49:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about CAS screen "collections"  (Read 1749 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cwurts00

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2007, 07:48:44 pm »

If you divide the clothes in your CAS screen into collections, can you restrict a sim to only wear clothes from that collection, i.e. if you want bodybuilders to only wear bodybuilder clothes.  Maybe a mod would be required; I don't know.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:21:23 pm »

No you can't do that & I doubt a mod can be made to do that Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:44:44 pm »

What you propose would require de-compiling the executable - then adding recognition strings for novel fitness states

fitness (dtUInteger) 0x00000004
fitness (dtUInteger) 0x00000008
fitness (dtUInteger) 0x00000010
etc

as well as adding the necessary infrastructure for these new fitness states to the software: id est, adding a means for sims to achieve and maintain new fitness states either by use of existing routines or novel routines, texture and mesh replacements for the standard fitness state textures and meshes, degradation routines, and novel animations.  Substantial re-working of the basic code would probably require between 8000 and 20000 man-hours depending on the level of support added and its impact game-wide.  There would doubtless be conflicts with the various EPs, the Mac platform, and Electronic Arts' copyright attorneys.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 11:58:13 pm »

:sign5: Nice answer Cheesy

If you have a question about my mods post it here
cwurts00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:34:02 am »

would the recognition strings be found in the text lists under "flags body flags"?  I added my new fitness states to that, of course nothing happens because nothing ever points to them.

the sims would achieve and maintain new fitness states in the same old way (working out), but in that magical unknown place where the "change clothes animation" occurs, there would be a check to see if the fitness meter was full or empty.  If the meter is empty, the "fitness state" would change to the next unfit one; if the meter is full, the "fitness state" would change to the next fit one under certain conditions (if enough body skill points AND the right genes); if the meter is neither full or empty, life would go on as usual.  Also, the fitness meter would switch to full if empty and to empty if full (if you fill one fitness meter and get to the next it will start out empty, and vice versa).

The current function for fitness state (with fit, normal and fat levels) which change at 33%- and 66%-full meter, would probably have to be eliminated.

Texture and mesh replacements have already been done.  I've used the beosboxboy meshes to create 10 scaled versions for bodybuilder, slimBB and another one I found called sepe-teen (I forget where I got it), and the maxis adult male.  I would also have to make a few fat meshes and make 10 scaled versions of them, then the teen and elder versions and all female versions.

Degradation routines would remain the same (if this means how quickly the fitness meter falls)

No novel animations are necessary, but could be added optionally.

There is really not a lot of recoding necessary.  Besides adding all the "recognition constants"?(I don't know what it's called in simantics but "variables/definitions"), there would be just the changes to "changeClothesAnimation", several "AgeTransitionAnimations" and a few initialization tweaks to CAS, as well eliminating the code for the animations that cause the sim to switch between the current fitness states at 33 and 66% of full meter.

My main trouble is in learning a coding language I don't understand, and trying to find out where the right codes are located
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 12:16:58 pm by cwurts00 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: