Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:53:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Application crashed  (Read 1532 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2007, 06:52:02 am »

Edit: not resolved :doh:

argh....

Here's the problem. I reinstall all my games. I have all EPs. But when I want to start the game it says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate". From the search I found out that it may be resolved by emptying the download folder, saved sims folder and deleting the group.cache. Did that and nothing happened.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It worked twice and but then the third time I tried to open the game it crashed again! Help please. This never happened before.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:03:14 am by warhawke » Logged

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 02:02:42 am »

Take your downloads, neighborhoods, and saved sims out of the game, then delete My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2.  Yes, the entire folder.  That's why you saved the those other folders Smiley.  When you start the game it will recreate the entire directory structure.  Then put one of those folders back into the game at a time to make sure they aren't causing any problems.
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:14:58 am »

Just did that. Even though the fact is I have no custom neighbourhood or any saved sims, I still take the folders out and deleted the whole sims 2 folder. Still won't work. I can't even get into the game. This is so frustrating :crybaby:

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: