Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 10:46:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tangled: Chapter 2 "A Night To Remember"  (Read 8133 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cinamun

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 04:45:11 am »

Well all, I've worked very hard on my first story with Sims. This is in preparation for a movie and music video i've been working on with a partner of mine. This story will continue as long as my brain keeps working. Here is a small teaser i've compiled. First chapter may be up tomorrow.

Tangled

Oh what a tangled web we weave of lies, deceit and greed...

Imagine for a moment, you are a single 20 something young woman, arriving in a city, settling in to a new home..

Imagine also that you meet new friends and are enjoying life to the fullest.. That is, until you find yourself tangled into a web of lies, deceit, murder, sex and addiction...

What would happen if somehow, some way, everything you thought you knew about your friends was a horrendous lie?

Keep imagining..
This is Madeline's story.. What you are imagining.. Madeline is living.

Cast:
Madeline Crenshaw
Delia McCarthey
Ross Weldman
George Perez
Frederick Williams

(Disclaimer: This story will be rated PG-13 for mild violence and suggestive themes. NO STRONG LANGUAGE OR NUDITY!)

Chapter 1: The Welcome Committee
Chapter 2: A Night To Remember
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:52:50 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 04:46:42 am »

Looks good! I can't wait to read it Cheesy

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
"No! It's a family show!"
"Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?"--RADIOLAND MURDERS
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:35:23 am »

Thank you Bungee! Should have the first chapter up in another day or so.

...enjoying the game.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:06:50 am »

Cinamun,  Excellent teaser.  I couldn't have done a better job myself.  Your story theme of your heroine becoming "tangled into a web of lies, deceit, murder, sex and addiction..." reminds me of a feminine version and subplot of Murda, the one I've been doing for the past month, where every character has those issues on some level.  There's always room for more urban stories like these, and it'll be interesting to see how you develop yours differently, particularly as you do great photography and memorable videos, like one you did on domestic/spousal abuse. Swing by for my latest update, and good luck!

..."What a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive." - from Murda

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:03:38 am »

Oooh sounds great!! Another to add to my must-read list! Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:46:25 am »

VITA!! lol thanks so much for that and I have been following your story (havent read all of it yet) and I love it, reminds me of a movie.  I love a good drama/crime story....

And thanks to you too blueheart!

...enjoying the game.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 01:21:08 pm »

Chapter 1: The Welcome Committee

It was a 2 hour drive from Westport to Hidden Hills. The long stretch of highway reached before Madeline like open arms. The scenery conjured thoughts of change and hope to Madeline as she took peeks of the landscape through her drivers side window. As the wind blew through her thick curls she imagined the things she would be leaving behind in Westport. Madeline would miss her mother especially and the friends she made in college. Madeline needed a change since that fateful day last year when her father was killed in what the coroner called an accident..Madeline always felt it was no accident that claimed the life of her father... There wasnt much she could do about it anyway, that is of course if she wanted to stay out of prison for assaulting the sherriff whom she despised. Madeline thought of these things as she drove down the winding highway outside of Hidden Hills. She was almost home.

Madeline found her new home and got settled in. She had her personal effects shipped there before she arrived so she would have little to no unpacking to do once she finally made the drive. She was there a month ago arranging her furniture and hooking up her laptop making sure the cable company had hooked up the broadband connection that she paid for. Madeline lived on her laptop, it was the key feature of her social life, she had met interesting friends on it and spent the majority of her freetime either in chatrooms or instant messaging whoever was lucky enough to capture her attention at that time..

As Madeline got comfortable in her home she grabbed the Gazette and sat down to read the local news. This was her first real peak at the ups and downs of her city, maybe she would also find about the nightlife and see if there were concerts or parties that night to go to.

"Suspects still at large in Griffinwood murder case"
[/I][/B]

Madeline read the headline saying aloud

"Griffinwood? Sounds so posh..."

She laughed not at the murder, but at the idea of Hidden Hills being some mysterious and vicious version of Beverly Hills "yeah right" she muttered turning to the employment section.

Madeline had graduated with a degree in nursing. She had worked in the emergency room back home in Westport and saved up enough to live comfortably once she moved without working right away. She figured she would at least have a look at the jobs to see what the town had availiable. Not many nursing jobs to her dismay. Madeline wasnt immediately worried however, she had enough saved and could always work out of her field for awhile until something opened up in nursing there.

After a quick snack, Madeline decided to see who was online to tell them she had finally settled in to her new home.

Madeline noticed a new email message from an unfamiliar name. The username "Spider" had sent her an email that ended up in her junk bin due to her filters.. "Spider huh? What is it spider?" Madeline laughed.. She thought it was probably someone trying to sell her something until she opened it and read the words

"Welcome to town"
[/B][/I]

Madeline was a little confused, she didnt remember telling anyone she moved except her mother and a friend. Who could "Spider" be and how did he know she was in town...

She replied to the email simply stating she had no idea what he/she was talking about and probably they had the wrong email address. She didnt want to give anything away, who knew who this person could be.

Just as Madeline was about to check the rest of her messages and do a search for "Spider" to see if she had ever received a message from him before, the doorbell rang. Again, Madeline had only told her mother and a friend about her move, hopefully these were just neighbors ..

Madeline approached the side window seeing two men standing outside laughing, she opened the door to greet them..

"Hello can I help you?"

"Oh hey! Um.. we just live down the road a bit and noticed you recently moved in. This home has been up for sale for about a year now, we've been waiting for someone to move in.. Im Ross and this is my friend George"

"Oh its nice to meet you, I'm Madeline please come in"

The trio entered Madeline's home and made their way into the living room.
Madeline offered drinks but the fellas declined saying the couldnt stay long but wanted to welcome her to the neighborhood.

"Wicked spot you got here Madeline. I probably would have had more women in swimsuits on the wall had we bought it no offense"

Madeline laughs saying "none taken."

Ross laughed saying "Please excuse him Madeline.. he's got what I like to call ISSUES"

Laughter filled Madelines living room..

Madeline thought George was funny and pretty cute too.. they talked for awhile about the neighborhood and the nightlife. Madeline wanted to go out that evening and George gave her some ideas on some spots to check out.

Madeline was secretly thrilled to have some people in her neighborhood that were her age. After reading the paper that morning she was beginning to think she had moved into a retirement community. It was relief to know that at least on this street, she had peers.

"Theres this place called Night To Remember, its a bar and dance club downtown, you'll probably really like it, good drinks, pool and dancing, thats if you like that kind of stuff."

Ross chimed in as George took a seat in front of the television to watch the end of the football game.

"Oh I do it sounds like a lot of fun, I may check it out tonight."

"We may be there too" Ross said.

George was in the living room watching the football game as Ross and Madeline continued their discussion. Madeline found it comfortable talking with Ross, for some reason he seemed familiar. He was very friendly and reminded her of a friend she knew back home.

"You know I was reading the paper this morning, apparently the big story is some Griffinwood murder"

"Oh yeah, its been all over the news, Griffinwood is the next town over. Its like.. thats all they talk about now, some lady got hacked, no witnesses nothing major, its just that when crap like that happpens here everything stops"

"Wow.. thats crazy"

Where Madeline was from, crime like that happened all the time, she explained to Ross that there was nothing to shocking to her about it, she was all too familiar with it.

"Yeah.. no biggie" Ross replied

"It was great to meet you both, thanks a lot for stopping by"

"Yeah no problem Maddie.. can I call you that?"

"Sure, everyone else does"

"Well Ross cant get any shorter so you can just call me that"

The two laughed as Madeline exchanged handshakes with the two men and saw them out.

Kinda dorky, somewhat jock-ish. Thats what Madeline thought to herself as the two guys left.. "oh well.."
Something about them made her feel uneasy but .. first encounters were always uneasy ....

Thinking back to her discussion with Ross, she didnt really remember seeing any signs for "Griffinwood" during her drive that morning, and in fact, she didnt even rememeber hearing of the city before now. She didnt know why she was so interested in that story..
She got online to see if she could research anything on the story for some background information.

"Griffinwood girl found strangled, sexually assaulted in shallow grave behind her home"
[/B]

The story was incredibly gruesome but Madeline couldnt stop reading it..
According to the story, three men kidnapped the Griffinwood girl at gunpoint forcing her to drive home. When they got there, they duct taped her and beat her for days.. police estimate she was held hostage in her own home for 4 days. They sexually assaulted her and strangled her and tossed out the back like garbage.. What made the story so unique is that no witnesses have come forward, there are no suspects and according to criminology experts, the girl apparently knew the suspects prior to the kidnapping but no one knows how she knew them... And what was even more puzzling was the fact that the letters "ARAC" were carved into her inner thigh...

Madeline was feeling worse and worse about the story, still reading, she felt most disgusted at how they treated the girl and that they were still at large.. And she couldnt for the life of her figure out what "Arac" meant.. the autopsy revelead severe beating and internal bleeding but asphyxia was ruled as the cause of death...

"Griffinwood"... Madeline whispered to herself as she lay on the sofa drifting off to sleep..thinkin of this nameless faceless girl who lay dead in the next town over...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:34:54 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 01:43:10 pm »

Wow! That beginning was incredible! This is going to be a killer story... can't wait! Smiley

"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 09:44:08 pm »

Yummy!  A mystery!
Great photos too!

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 09:50:09 pm »

Madeline was dog tired after the road trip and greeting her visitors that morning, after her nap she drank coffee and figured she would go check out that club Ross and George mentioned earlier. She awoke from her nap thinking of Spider, the strange email she had gotten earlier that day.. as she showered, she felt uncomfortable about some strange username knowing of her move. "Its just your first day Maddy snap out of it" she thought to herself as she massaged the warm water into her pores..

Strange emails and a mysterious murder.. "what did I move myself into" she thought ..

Madeline's shower was interrupted by yet another knock at the door... She quickly got dressed yelling "Just a second!" as she made her way to the front door..

"Hello"

"Hi, welcome to the neighborhood"

"OH! thank you, yeah, just moved in and got settled, you know its so nice, you're the third person to drop by! My name is Madeline"

"Great to meet you Madeline, my name is Freddie"

"Do you live around here or..."

"Yeah, my building is down the road a little"

"Oh so you must know Ross and George?"

"Naw sorry.. not familiar"

Madeline noticed Fred's demeanor change a little at the mention of Ross and George's names, and also how he changed the topic rather quickly. She didnt feel comfortable as Freddie asked if she lived alone.. but then again, maybe he was just being polite and didnt want to intrude as to make sure he introduced himself to everyone who lived there..

"No its just me.."

Freddie smiled at her revealing a beautiful white smile, thinking herself lucky to have met three very attractive men in one day.. but feeling as if she probably shouldnt have revealed that she lived alone.. but hadnt she just invited two strange men in earlier?

"Know anything about the neighborhood yet?"

"Nothing so far except a mysterious murder and a fancy little spot called Night To Remember"

"Well, guess theres nothing left for me to add"

They laughed together, Madeline not noticing that Freddie was peeking through the windows scanning her home.

"Seriously, theres a great cafe on Highway 7 that has fresh fish, if you need groceries, Sammies delivers and has organic stuff, The Electric Nun has good music if you buy CDs and stuff"

Freddie went on telling Madeline about all the places she should check out. Madeline began to feel at ease with Freddie, she thought it was very kind of him to give her the inside scoop like that... She was getting more and more excited about her new found neighborhood and her new neighbors..

"Oh yeah and I go to Night to Remember all the time to play pool, I guess Ross and George must have told you about that"

"I thought you said you werent familiar with them.."

"I just figured that well.. since you mentioned them they were the ones that told you"

Madeline got embarrassed, she didnt want to seem like she was accusing him of lying..

"oh thats right, sorry.."

"Well hey, I gotta head back but call me if you need anything"

"Thanks I will"

The two exchanged phone numbers and Madeline watched as George headed back down the road, admiring what a nice ass he was carrying in the back.. "Stop it Madeline" she laughed to herself.. As she headed back into the house she noticed an open window blinking on her laptop.. She sat down to find she had a new instant message..

She opened up her messenger and read the following ominous message:

Hello Madeline, I thought you would have told the truth.. Welcome to the neighborhood.. what are you afraid of

Madeline couldnt breathe as her heart sunk to her stomach.. she wanted to simply press the ignore button but couldnt.. "oh my God" she whispered.. It was Spider... she typed the words "Who are you" into the messenger window but no sooner than she pressed "Submit" she received the message:

Spider has signed out

Madeline sat staring at the screen in shock.. maybe it was just a sick joke.. there were some not so friendly people she left behind in Westport, and to calm herself down she reminded herself that possibility existed for this to be some practical joke... She screamed and jumped as the phone next to her rang.. "Goodness Madeline relax dammit" she said to herself as she reached for the phone..

"Hello?"

"Hiya Madeline, its Ross"

"Oh hey Ross"

"Say, we're heading out to the club that we told you about tonight, wondered if you wanted to tag along"

"You know, I just got dressed and was going to head down, I can meet you guys there, whats the address?"

Madeline scribbled down the directions on her notepad thanking Ross and promising to meet up with he and George that evening.

"Whats your take on Tequila maddie?"

Madeline cringed..

"No way! Tequila and I have had a bad relationship ever since college.. I will not tell that story and you cant make me!"

The two laughed into the phone before saying their goodbyes...

Madeline was excited even though she had no idea how to get to this club.. the directions read like Greek to Madeline as she pulled up Mapquest to find a better route.. Madeline found it odd that not even Mapquest could find the location..

She went into the bathroom to fix her hair and makeup before heading out hoping she could find the place okay..

Madeline drove for an hour before she finally gave up.. she sat in the car cursing herself before calling Ross on her cell phone

"You're not going to believe this" she laughed
"I cant for the life of me find this club"

"Dont worry about that" Ross's voice was barely audible as the beat of the music at the club hummed through the phone"

"George and I were thinking we should have picked you up"

"Yeah.. I think im just going to head back home.. maybe another time?"

"Of course! Sleep well Maddie"

The phone went dead as Maddie lost her connection under a bridge.. She pulled a U-turn and headed back home still upset that she couldnt find her way...

That night Madeline slept with thoughts of Ross, George, Freddie the dead Griffinwood girl, "Spider" and of all people her mother...

She hoped that the next day would be less mentally consuming as this day was...

If only she knew what was in store for her over the coming days, weeks and months..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:53:35 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 10:02:25 pm »

WOW. Ok...that was sooo good. Smiley

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 10:06:18 pm »

Ha ha, thanks so much to you and Vita, im having a lot of fun writing this! lol

...enjoying the game.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 10:09:11 pm »

Wow! This story is great! I like the suspense, and the idea of three guys and a murder! ^^ Please continue, I love it!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 10:35:54 pm »

May I say it again? This story rocks!! Smiley

starlucid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 09:34:09 am »

Cinamun love this!  Spiders....hate em!  Got a big pot of coffee this morning and finally getting a chance to read all the great new stories up.  This one definately has got my attention!  Love suspense!

If you like ghost stories read my new Sim story..
Solitario's Don't Die..
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=30329
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: