Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:18:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ike & Barbara Duru: Against All Odds  (Read 14546 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:55:24 am »

This is Ike and Barbara Duru, parents of Khalil, Safiya, the twins: Kofi & Malika and Chad posted in the Sim Hunks and Sim Honeys forums.

A Nigerian prince, Ike (Ichechi: Igbo for God's Gift) was studying medicine in the UK, when he met Dutch model, Barbara (born Elke, but changed her name when she became a model). Despite being from two totally different worlds, they fell madly in love and got hitched. They lived in Europe for the first few years of their marriage, but eventually moved to the US and settled in California. They've been together for over twenty-five years.

Ike is now a much-sought-after plastic surgeon, and Barbara is a fashion designer. They'd hoped to finally get the house to themselves when their kids all went off to university, but Safiya has moved back in, and with Kofi and Malika about to graduate......and apparently eyeing their old bedrooms, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon. lol!

Ike is pictured here with a Skintone by Wirelessguy which is linked to Beosboxboy's bodybuilder mesh. The skintone and mesh are not included in the package file. So, to make your Ike look like my Ike please download: Wirelessguy's wguy-beos-louis7-dark skintone-linked to bodybuilder here. And you'll need Beosboxboy's barbie meshes from here.

His clothing, stubble, eyecolor etc. listed here, are all included in his file below.

As a former model, Barbie takes good care of herself. Recently she's been getting a little concerned about the teeny weeny lines around her mouth, and is thinking about getting work done. Barbie was created to look like my very first Barbie doll. In the interest of filesize, I've not included her skintone by Nouk. It's "NoukYupShineySkintone Light" and you'll find it here.
All of Barbie's other bits and pieces listed here, are included in her file below.

Still in love after all these years

There seems to be a problem at Nouk's site. It's loading, but the actual link to Barbara's skintone isn't working. As it's a free site, and we're allowed to redistribute, I've zipped it, and am posting it here for those who don't have it. I hope that's ok. Please visit Nouk's fabulous site, and see all of her wonderful creations. She does fabulous hair by the way!

* IkeDuru.rar (1154.17 KB - downloaded 1313 times.)
* BarbaraD.rar (1341.48 KB - downloaded 1162 times.)
* NoukSkintoneYup - Light.rar (1253.82 KB - downloaded 931 times.)

* durus_ikebarbara.jpg (179.35 KB, 624x430 - viewed 893 times.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:14:26 pm by kathy » Logged

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:00:08 pm »

They are gorgeous doll!
xxJessicaxx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:18:05 pm »

Lovely!
howster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 03:36:02 pm »

very nice work
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 04:51:07 pm »

What a Sweet looking couple....Thanks for sharing them.
jaldeer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 05:12:27 pm »

Thank you so much Toni.  It's great to have the complete family.  The link to Nouk's shiney light skin tone on the site says page can't be displayed.  The link to the other 3 work - just that one that doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 05:21:30 pm by jaldeer » Logged

My Avatar is my cat Sheba - She died on June 22, 2007 from cancer.  She was 14 years old.  I really miss her - she was loved very much.
Molina

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 06:17:46 pm »

Cool can I steal the guy? lol

I ♥ Missaldith :albino:

Quote from: BrokenPrincess;974577
I love Molina!
♥_♥
The "Get Alfred Molina More Leading Roles" Petition!
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 08:36:52 pm »

Quote from: jaldeer;574105
Thank you so much Toni.  It's great to have the complete family.  The link to Nouk's shiney light skin tone on the site says page can't be displayed.  The link to the other 3 work - just that one that doesn't.

The link's working for me.  Dunno if it was down earlier.  Can you try again?

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

And yes, LoveCannibals.....Ike is your's to do with as you please.  Be gentle! lol!

Here's a sneak peak at my all time favourite family (they were re-created from TS1 to TS2), the Garcias: comming soon to a thread near you.  The parents are the two in the middle, Michael & Chaya (he is doing moose ears over her head), and their eleven children!  What can I say, they're both family sims; she's days away from becoming an elder and she still wants a baby! lol!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:48:52 pm by ilikefishfood » Logged

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
mamxnb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 12:44:37 am »

ike is hot wow thanks for posting hime heh
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 04:30:09 am »

Okay........there seems to be a problem at Nouk's site. It's loading, but the link to Barbara's skintone isn't. As it's a free site, and we're allowed to redistribute, I've zipped the skintone, and posted it above for those who don't have it. Please do visit Nouk's fabulous site, and see all of her and her friends' wonderful creations.

Indeedy, Maxmb........our Ike is streamy AND dreamy!  Hot!  You should see his sons (follow the links in the first post).  Though, personally, I think he's hotter than them! lol!

mbcritics

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 06:36:17 am »

Great couple!
jayurban12

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 12:55:37 pm »

Wow nice work on your sims!

You can find most of my work here http://www.modthesims2.com/member/jayurban12
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 02:08:37 pm »

Very nice couple indeed! Smiley

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
marya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 03:13:57 pm »

where do i get the mesh for the hairstyle & is it free
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 03:18:59 pm »

Quote from: marya;575271
where do i get the mesh for the hairstyle & is it free

Yup, it was a free mesh by Sussi of Sussissogoodsims; but she's closed her site to move on to other things (namely raising an adopted baby); but the mesh and the blonde hair is included in Barbara's file above.  You might find some re-colours at MTS.  Will poke around and see if I come up with any links for more colours.

EDIT: So far all I've found for you, is one re-colour of the mesh (without bangs) at MTS2 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=112177&highlight=sussi.  But I'm sure they're others out there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:42:58 pm by ilikefishfood » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: