Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:43:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera Questions  (Read 3330 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
megativity13

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:29:31 pm »

Got a few questions for all of the film makers out there-
Does anyone use GunMod's camera mod to make movies?
Do you find that rotating the camera with the <> keys (to rotate around a central figure) doesn't work, while in first person camera mode?

Thanks for looking.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:45 pm »

When you said first person camera, do you mean the cameraman's mode (when you use tab)? The rotating around a sims only works in the regular gameplay camera mode and not when using the cameraman's mode. And I don't use gunmod's camera hack.

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:21:30 pm »

Quote from: warhawke;576052
When you said first person camera, do you mean the cameraman's mode (when you use tab)? The rotating around a sims only works in the regular gameplay camera mode and not when using the cameraman's mode. And I don't use gunmod's camera hack.

Thank you for your reply- yes, cameraman mode is precisely what I meant (i've seen it called both.)  Now that I think of it, I don't recall ever having tried the rotation move before installing the mod.  This may be a  stupid question (fair warning), but is the UI -user interface, in gameplay mode- not recorded when using the video camera? I've never tried recording with it up, but I have made the mistake of having it up when taking snapshots in game.

Thanks again.

warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »

If I get what you're trying to say (hehe!) no, the video recorded won't show the UI even if you record the clips using gameplay camera.

When you take snapshot did you use click "C" or you use print screen? Because if you use the game camera (C) it won't UI won't show.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:30:39 pm by warhawke » Logged

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 11:54:52 pm »

Quote from: warhawke;576273
If I get what you're trying to say (hehe!) no, the video recorded won't show the UI even if you record the clips using gameplay camera.

When you take snapshot did you use click "C" or you use print screen? Because if you use the game camera (C) it won't UI won't show.

That's good news Cheesy  thanks for answering yet another question.  

I use the game camera primarily, and I do recall having seen the UI in my screen shots.  I shall have to check again, but thanks for the info!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: