Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:09:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Should i get Pets??? hmm... *drools*  (Read 4288 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EnergyBurst777

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2007, 09:41:17 pm »

LOL, ok so i'm here today for you to share your ideas if i should get pets? YES I KNO THAT EP IS A LITTLE "OLD" but, i need an expansion pack because i explored my game fully... (well maybe not UNI but who cares?) ANYWAY... Should i get Pets or should i just wait to get Seasons?

I was really blended with mixed emotions like, checking for bugs, if custom items can work with it, etc. etc.

SOOOOO I NEED YOUR HELP! Choices are:

A) Get Pets..
B) Wait for seasons
      ~or~
C) Make me some pudding! (pudding! pudding! pudding!)
       ~or~
D) get both
       ~or~
E) dont get any of them!

:iamwithstupid1-1: :puke:

*-*For every tear there is always an 'lol'*-*
*-*For every yell there is always an 'im sry'*-*
*-*For every potty stop there is a 'brb'*-*
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:12:38 pm »

I have Pets, and have had NO problems whatsoever.  I'll be getting Seasons too, but after I find out what the issues are.

This is totally up to you.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:16:28 pm »

If the idea of pets if making you smile and jump all around then get it.

If you are not too hot about it then don't since that ep is centered on pets only.

Maybe you could try contest or challenges instead of getting a new ep. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:19:01 pm by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 11:48:05 pm »

If you only have money for one EP, make pudding and join some contests.  After Seasons comes out, then take a look at what each has to offer, problems with the game unmodified, mods/hacks that you can't live without.
pepe4158

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 01:47:48 am »

Im having probs with pets, faces on npc's turned black, dont know why, but its still a fun Xp
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:52:47 am »

I've been asking myself this a lot.  I have uni, nightlife and ofb.  By far Nightlife is the best ep what with cars and nightclubs, followed closely by university, I like the college life... Ofb is kind of blah... i've created businesses.. etc..

In the meantime, I have over 8,000 files in my downloads folder and I dont want to lose not a single ONE! Which is why I havent gotten pets.. although i'd love to have cats and dogs in my game.

I've heard the horror stories about meshes not showing up and all the other errors and glithches.  I know the proper way to back up my downloads too, but I dont think I can play without them and if Pets does not support them, i've wasted money on an EP im not satisfied with LOL

Thats my dilemma much different from yours.
I am anxious about seasons, I love the idea of more realism in the game with weather effects and Im hoping there will be new aspirations as the current ones tend to get boring...

Uh.. so yeah, get some pudding and get pets!

...enjoying the game.
pepe4158

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 02:16:18 am »

I like Pets best of all...training my new pet is priceless, but I think it brought on all the NPC's dark faces I am experiencing, maybe a problem the way I backed up my files, not a conflict detected with my custom content and even turned it off
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:57:30 am »

I have had some 1000s of emails and pms asking for help with the Pets EP, more than any other EP. The truth is about 50% of the people with Pets EP have problems at some level.  More than any EP before it.  It has more driver problems, more crashes, and more incompatability issues than any EP released for the game.  The people who have had no problems will voice a different experience of the EP than I or the 1000s of people who have asked for my help have had with the product.

I won't lie about the "squee" factor of pets, but generally speaking "squee" factor should be the absolute last reason to buy a technology product; and from where I stand that is all the Pets EP has going for it.  My money is bet on Seasons being a giant buggy mess; but even so, I think Seasons EP will be a better addition to the game than Pets.  Personally, Pets EP ended my affection for the Sims franchise.

Pets, like Unleashed for the former Sims, was a gargantuan mistake where the marketing department made a choice rather than the game designers and it shows on almost every level.  OFB isn't to my taste but at least it added a substantial chunk of beneficial new code to the game, unlike Pets that grafted an ill fit lump on the side of the existing code.

I have pets in real life, and what I get from my cat is not in any way reflected in the Pets EP.  Your milage may vary.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 04:14:36 am »

I think now would be a good time to get pets if you want it that badly, the mods/hacks have been updated, there is lots of CC compatible and the patches have been released. If i were you id get pets now, and wait for the sameish amount of time after seasons has been released to get it, which is what i'll be doing.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
EnergyBurst777

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 09:27:27 am »

Ewsh! I see a lot of problems and comments on sims2 PETS.......... THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP GUYS *eats pudding*
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:58:37 pm by EnergyBurst777 » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:00 am »

EnergyBurst - you are wise to choose pudding!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »

Now I want pudding Sad LOL

...enjoying the game.
EnergyBurst777

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 05:11:03 pm »

Smiley hehe.... ok soo anyway, since every1 wants pudding O.o *forces my sims to make pudding* here u go guys *hands pudding to every1... NEWAY, cant wait for seasons....maybe??

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 11:52:30 am »

Thanks! LOL *gobbles up pudding*

...enjoying the game.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 06:41:17 am »

Sounds like a hack conflict. Do you use custom content? If so have you updated all your hacks\mods to be pets compatiable? Ther are numerous threads on this site dealing with this type of issue. A little research may help quicker than waiting for replies. Pulling your Downlods folder out to a safe place (such as your desktop) and seeing if the game will load would be a good starting point.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:42:07 am by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: