Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:53:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-Age Recolors of Rose Sims2 Chignon Hair in Red, Brown and Blonde  (Read 6886 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaneonapua

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2007, 11:08:33 pm »

Five reds, a rich brown and a blonde recolor of Rose Sims2 chignon mesh for child through elder females. These are recolors of Rose's textures with original alphas. Thank you, Rose, for allowing me to do these recolors.

These recolors were done for the Natural Redhead Project to make more hairstyles available in the many beautiful naturally occurring shades of red hair.  The red recolors are available in five shades: auburn, copper, carrot, ginger and strawberry blonde. There is also a rich shade of chestnut brown and an bright blonde.  The recolors are color binned red except for brown (binned brown) and blonde (blonde). It may seem odd to put shades that range from rusty blonde to brown red in the red bin but the goal is to make the full spectrum of red shades available to genetic redheads.

The chignon style comes in child through elder. The elder hair comes in three shades: brown and auburn have frosted brown, copper, carrot and ginger come pink beige and blonde and strawberry blonde with a champagne elder shade. I use pink beige because one of my friends who started out with carrot orange hair has matured into hair the color of pinky beige.

Mesh Information: The mesh comes with 5 colors at Rose Sims2 in Download > Hair.  It is currently on page 14. The file to download is rosehair_0041.zip The name of the unipped mesh file is MESH_RoseHair_0099.package.

These recolors may only be used in Sims distributed by 100% free sites. Do not distribute or include the mesh in any uploads! Link to the http://www.rosesims2.net and provide directions on how to locate the mesh in the Downloads > Hair.

Learn more about why redheads are unique:
Red hair is a simple recessive
Intensity of hair color

FYI - the custom content in the models are free downloads:
Freckles: the  freckle and eye set is from Alkaloid at MTS2 as is the freckle "blush" at InSim.

Skin: JWilson5's Hairy Skins for Redheads which is a modified Louis (SimScribbing) skin with AllenABQ body hair. The skin for the normal Maxis body type doesn't require any additional meshes, just download  the Norm-HairyRed-Barbie.rar file for hairy,   SKN-Norm-XhairyRed-Barbie.rar  for extra hairy and SKN-Norm-XXhairyRed-Barbie.rar for extreme hairy (Not to worry, only the males come with body hair Wink ).

Eyeliner: eyeliner is the 0036 makeup file from RoseSims2

* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoRecolorsALL.rar (2626.04 KB - downloaded 255 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoAUBURN.rar (377.71 KB - downloaded 209 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoCOPPER.rar (383.52 KB - downloaded 182 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoCARROT.rar (387.59 KB - downloaded 195 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoGINGER.rar (386.7 KB - downloaded 187 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoSTRAWBERRY.rar (357.92 KB - downloaded 167 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoBROWN.rar (379.66 KB - downloaded 180 times.)
* MTS2_RoseFreeHair0041_KaneoBLONDE.rar (353.11 KB - downloaded 181 times.)

* auburn_copper.jpg (122.17 KB, 520x676 - viewed 885 times.)

* strawberry_carrot.jpg (122.65 KB, 560x620 - viewed 790 times.)

* elder_shades.jpg (103.19 KB, 641x434 - viewed 885 times.)

* copper3.jpg (40.73 KB, 262x300 - viewed 1161 times.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:36:50 pm by kaneonapua » Logged

osi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:47:04 am »

it's amazing! Thanks.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:59:47 pm »

Gorgeous hairs as always!
Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 06:02:19 pm »

Very, very pretty! Thanks!

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
odettesmom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:03:14 pm »

Very sophisticated!  Thank you.
JEM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:02:58 pm »

I really love this hair -- thanks.
kaneonapua

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:13:25 pm »

Quote from: JEM;552097
I really love this hair -- thanks.

I do too. I was just thrilled when Rose made it! I changed my plans and decided this one was getting recolored first.

I have a Sim who has been waiting a long time for Rose to do a classic chignon.

mamxnb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:02:00 am »

very stylish hair  style wow. and i love the various red shades of redhair. it true , redhead do come in diff  hair shades . even my own hair has  changed from very red to  ginger something .
keke3368

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 09:51:08 pm »

You did an amazing job with these. I never thought I'd have so many shades of red in my game but you've opened my eyes to all the variations there are to enjoy. Thanks!

'We just have to trust one another. I just don't see it working out any other way. Also...I can kill you with my brain.'
kaneonapua

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 11:36:51 pm »

Quote from: keke3368;555650
You did an amazing job with these. I never thought I'd have so many shades of red in my game but you've opened my eyes to all the variations there are to enjoy. Thanks!

Thank you! It is amazing how many variations there are on red hair. Most blondes, browns and blacks just have one type of pigment, eumelanin. Redheads have a second red/orange pigment, phomelanin and that opens up a whole new world of possibility. They can run the gamut from deep brown plus red to pale blonde plus red. It gets even more complicated because redheads often progress through a series of red shades during their lives.

Sometimes I wonder why I am trying to take over the red bin but the goal of the  Natural Redhead Project is to have a good representation of all the red shades. Actually, I haven't done much in the light auburn shades in red gold and tan though Alkaloid has.

lilibet

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 03:20:08 pm »

I love this hair style, but would like to download the elder style colors.  Which download is the one to get those colors?
kaneonapua

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 04:12:26 pm »

Quote from: lilibet;583919
I love this hair style, but would like to download the elder style colors.  Which download is the one to get those colors?

All of the recolors come with one of the three elder shades for elders. There isn't a file to download with just the elder shades. If you download any of the recolors, the associated elder shade will be in the regular, not custom, elder hair bin.

Brown and auburn have the frosted brown elder shade, copper, carrot and ginger come the pink beige elder shade and blonde and strawberry blonde with an champagne elder shade. I suppose if you really like one of the elder colors, I could do an all age in that shade. I don't know how to do just an elder hair with this mesh. Let me know.

I usually do elder shades since redheads tend to change hair color through out their lives and naturally go gray or ivory.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 07:43:34 pm by kaneonapua » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: