Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 03:37:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few problems, could use some serious help  (Read 1904 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:03:05 pm »

Moderators/Administrators, if this is not in the right area, please move it to its proper section (just send me a PM so I can find it again please).

I have a few problems here, did a word search on here trying to find posts/threads similar to these problems, and came to results that were closed threads or no results at all. Here goes...

There is a thread similar to the first problem I'll address which can be located http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=37241 only I am having this issue with clothing, hair, and accessories. As an example, with the clothing, I have the proper mesh for "outfit A" (ex.) and it will display properly in the bodyshop, but the thumbnail will be a basic Maxis outfit, like a gray suit for males or a red long sleeve top w/white capris for females. Though with the female outfits, it does not show up at all as it should and shows what's in the thumbnail. (I hope they're called thumbnails, I just call them icons or previews). I tried to delete the stuff that beosboxboy suggested, but, this brings me to my most recent problem which I will now address.

I tried to start up my game and HAL (I've named my computer, yes, I'm a nerd, HAL, after the HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey) gives me an error saying to make sure the disk is in the drive and to retry. The disk is in the drive, yes, the right one, and it still won't play. Here's a little info, so you have some knowledge on what's what over here. I have, in relation to the game, the Base game Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff, Pets, Happy Holiday Stuff. Eagerly awaiting Seasons. In relation to my computer, the stats are as follows;
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1600+, ~1.1GHz
Memory: 1280MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 Ultra w/128.0 MB RAM
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy
The DVD-RW's speed is something I'll have to get back to you on, but I can at least tell you that meets the requirements to run the game flawlessly.

So, what I'm basically asking is can anyone help me to figure out how come my game won't play, when, before, it has been running just fine all this time and only started this mess up today when I tried to use the suggestions for the first problem to see if that would fix it. I'm not sure what the deal is. Everything is in the right place and logically it should be running without a hitch. And before any conclusions are jumped to right away, it's not Pets because I've been running Pets since I got it the first week it hit the shelves and I've never had any trouble from it. It actually improved the game and how it runs. In any case, if anyone has any knowledge about this and would be kind enough to help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
RB
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:24:22 pm »

OK - you deleted the files, not the Thumbnails folder, correct?

because the folder may or may not restore - and I hope you did this in the My Documents folder only, because the ones in the Program Files folder should not be disturbed.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 03:47:05 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;580593
OK - you deleted the files, not the Thumbnails folder, correct?

because the folder may or may not restore - and I hope you did this in the My Documents folder only, because the ones in the Program Files folder should not be disturbed.

I followed your instructions on the link I provided and only deleted the files from the My Documents folder, and only the files (not the folder).
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 07:25:30 pm »

I got the info on my DVD-RW drive. It's an LG (brand name);
10x maximum DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL write speed
18x maximum DVD+R and DVD-R write speed
8x maximum DVD+RW rewrite speed
6x maximum DVD-RW rewrite speed
16x maximum DVD-ROM read speed
5x maximum DVD-RAM write speed
48x maximum CD-R write speed
32x maximum CD-RW rewrite speed