Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:49:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you minimize the game?  (Read 4014 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2007, 07:02:18 pm »

I see in some posts, about the game minimizing, how do you do that? And on a funnier note, today for the first time in all the time I have been playing the Sims2, the spaceship appeared. I've had the flying pig, lots of times, but until today I didn't know there was a spaceship.

In my one family, they have 4 adult sons who all go to work on the helicopter, and today my elder female sim got the fright of her life when the helicopter came. Don't know why, but for a minute I thought the poor old dear was going to croak.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:29:35 pm »

Something weirder i've been playing the Sims for a long time too and have never seen the helicopter come for my sims... LOL

Okay to minimize the game I press ALT and TAB at the same time and it will minimize and bring you to your desktop.  Make sure in your options "Sim while minimized" is off this makes sure the game pauses when you minimize it.

...enjoying the game.
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:32:50 pm »

Or, you can play the game in a window.
gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:07:11 pm »

To play in a window screen you have to make a right click in the game icon and select properties, then look for the box target and after the quotation marks add a space and write -w, finally mark OK. When you want to play in a window, after   you insert your game disk press the shift key to stop the autorun and then the icon with the command line -w. I hope this help you:salute:

PD: i have never seen the spaceship, which EP has it?
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 08:25:29 pm »

You mean the 'abduct-a-male-sim-get-him-pregnant' spaceship? Or another one?
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 04:09:24 pm »

Thanks for the tip for minimizing,and the spaceship just came out of nowhere, hovered for a while and then left. I don't think it was the "abduct" one cause I don't have a telescope on my lot.
About the helicopter---turn down your sound when it comes, it wasn't just the old girl Sim that was startled, (red face) it shocked me too. lol

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 05:10:46 pm »

the neighborhood spaceship comes with the Pets EP

you can hit the windows key to minimize the game too.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 06:57:28 pm »

So.........I guess that means area 51 is actually in Strangetown after all. The funny thing is I've never seen the spaceship in all my hours of play until yesterday. I hope it beams up that stupid energizer bunny!

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 07:17:10 pm »

Can you show me through a picture? I wanna see it!!

It is only at night??
Joefish

View Profile
?
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 08:23:53 pm »

When your in windowed mode is there any way to make the window bigger?
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 11:33:12 pm »

OK, I'm not computer savy, exatcly how do I take a picture providing I see it again? And then how do I upload it, I have never done that. *duh* And it was in broad daylight, it kinda hovered like it was watcing me build a house. Actually now that I've really thought about it, it's kinda creepy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 11:34:52 pm by baileybop » Logged

gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 12:58:58 am »

Quote from: Joefish;582881
When your in windowed mode is there any way to make the window bigger?

I think there is not. You have to choose if you want to play in full screen by letting the autorun of the disk work, or stop the autorun by a click in the shift key and then using the icon with the -w parameter to play windowed. I just used windowed when I am building a lot and I want to check planos or pictures of the house.

About the spaceship is it a UFO or an earthling one like the space shuttle?:saber:
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 03:00:41 am »

If you would like to PLAY in a smaller window, that will allow you to do other things at the same time, simPE is how you do it.  After starting simPE, simply click on the "Extra" button.  Then it'll bring up a very short list, "Run Sims" is what you want to do.  Then just wait. Your game will start as normal.  WARNING: Doing this will cause the game to reconfig the screen size.  Which only means you will have to reset the game's screen back to the right size when playing in "normal mode".  It's cool, and very useful if you need to multi-task.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »

Quote from: baileybop;583129
OK, I'm not computer savy, exatcly how do I take a picture providing I see it again? And then how do I upload it, I have never done that. *duh* And it was in broad daylight, it kinda hovered like it was watcing me build a house. Actually now that I've really thought about it, it's kinda creepy.

Just out of curiosity are you seeing this craft in the neighborhood view?? If you are it is an effect caused by Acient Henge. If you are in a lot then they have taken control of your computer.........

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 10:31:11 pm »

I was building a house when it came, freaked me out. I play the same neighbourhood all the time, and it has happened twice. My game plays just fine. It never shows up when I'm actually playing my Sims, just when I'm building. Now I'm beginning to think it's going to critique my efforts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: