Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:31:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Behind Closed Doors: Carolyn & Jamie Stanton  (Read 13708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
StaceyV10389

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:51:53 am »

*Warning*: This thread contains references to adult content such as abuse; please do not continue if it may cause offence

Behind Closed Doors: Carolyn & Jamie Stanton
[/U][/B]

Carolyn Stanton, 29, and her daughter Jamie , 8, are as close as a mother and daughter can be. Their close relationship is greatly admired by the staff at SimCity Hospital; where Jamie spends long spells of time due to an unidentifiable illness. Her mother is exceptionally attentive to her every need, spending every hour of every day with Jamie. Doctors and Nurses alike, applaud her for her dedication and commitment to her ill daughter.

Carolyn is the perfectly devoted mother and Jamie is fortunate to have her as a mother.

This is nothing more than a well constructed façade.

What no-one knows is that Jamie is one of the invisible victims of a Munchausen By Proxy perpetrator; her mother Carolyn. This means that Carolyn is responsible for the unidentifiable illness that Jamie suffers from; as in an effort to receive admiration from professional peers such as doctors, Carolyn induces sickness in her daughter using various abusive methods.

This results in Jamie being subjected to numerous tests, medical procedures, even surgeries, which are completely unnecessary and only serve to investigate a physical illness that is not present. All the while Jamie stays silent, trusting that her mother knows what is best for her, never considering that it could be her ‘protector’ that is the cause of her pain.

Sadly, perpetrators of Munchausen By Proxy (MBP) such as Carolyn, are rarely identified; resulting in a 9-10% mortality rate amongst the known victims of  MBP perpetrators.

Luckily, Jamie is only a pixelized representation of these victims. Please find it in your heart to give her a safe and truly loving home, and use her mother as you see fit.

Again, in your game, you are master. Will Carolyn seek help? Will she repent and become a true mother to Jamie? Or will Jamie find a loving family prepared to truly care for her?

It’s up to you.

Download Details:

Jamie Stanton

Included

-Sweater by Lady.M here
-Pants by Grito here (OFB Required).
-Eyeliner by serasims
-Eyebrows, eyeshadow & lips by helaene.
-Blush by Liana.
-Skin by Enayla, “Pixie Glow”.
-Eyes by Enayla, “Wild Night”.

Not Included

-Eyeshadow from ‘Special Effects Makeup – Spooky/Sickly Shadow, Contacts, Cracked/Sore Lips, & Tears’ by SussiSoGoodSims.
-Hair (Pay) by Peggy.

Carolyn Stanton

Included:

-Eyebrows, eye-shadow and lipstick by helaene.
-Outfit from Pernilles Pages includes simchic mesh.
-Eyeliner by serasims.
-Eyes by Enayla, “Moss”.
-Blush by Liana.
-Skin by Enayla, “Pixie Dream”.

Not Included

-Hair by xmsims and peggy.

*Feedback is always appreciated Cheesy

* CarolynStanton.rar (2358.55 KB - downloaded 720 times.)

* CarolynStantonFace.JPG (45.1 KB, 630x478 - viewed 812 times.)
* JamieStanton.rar (2341.55 KB - downloaded 688 times.)

* JamieStantonFace.JPG (46.35 KB, 634x480 - viewed 895 times.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:55:08 pm by StaceyV10389 » Logged

"I'm only human, and that's my saving grace" - Halo, HJS.

My Twilight: Bella & Edward
[/SIZE]
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:55:26 am »

Wonderful download!!! Great job! Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:40:49 pm »

Beautiful yet heartbreaking.... Very nicely done dear.
Panic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:23:39 pm »

I love your sims with stories! They are not only beautiful, but moving.

IF YOUR GONNA BE [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]TWO[/COLOR] FACED[/SIZE]

Sweetie at least make one of them pretty
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:16:29 pm »

They're both beautiful. I saw a TV special about Munchausen not too long ago. Really sad.

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
BionixWV33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 01:28:54 am »

I'll say her mom abuses her. That second pic, the daughter has no left hand towards the IV. Boy, mom must have cut it off......Nice story and work though, I actually knew a woman like this years ago......sad......

25 surgeries by age 30,2 1/2 feet of scarring on upper torso,Quarter pound or so of titanium in jaws and cheeks, and 2 foot long rods hooked into spine.
After all that, and much more, still saying 'C'mon, Fate, give me more. I'M STILL STANDING!"Cheesy
StaceyV10389

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 05:48:12 am »

Thanks guys, I'm glad they've been recieved so well Smiley

Bionix, I never noticed that until you pointed it out Cheesy! Not supposed to be that way *laughs* I was actually trying to make it look like the mother had just finished mucking around with the IV.

It's sad that this stuff really happens, but hopefully with more people becoming aware of it; it may happen less often.

[/SIZE]
comicheroin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 10:14:25 am »

What a story, I'm at a loss for words.
Really wonderful job! Smiley

"...She has no thoughts and feels no pain,
her sole motivation is to eat your brain."
[/COLOR][/B]
ladystrange

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:16:31 pm »

Wow, just, wow.  Massive props to you for doing the two posts.  I clicked on the Mr. & Mrs. one thinking it might be something "adult" from the title Behind Closed Doors and then, boom!  And this is so sad!  Poor Jaime!  I'll adopt you!  Do you have more in the works?  Would you take requests?  And, I don't want to tell you how to do your thing, but maybe you could put something of a warning for those of us that are sensitive?  I want to cry right now because it's all so sad.  But I can understand kamakazi-style social awareness raising.  The MBP has happened in my area twice in the past few years and the parents have gone to jail.
StaceyV10389

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 05:06:41 am »

Thanks comicheroin Smiley

ladystrange, thank you as well. I do have some more in the works at the moment and I'd definitely consider any requests, so if you have something that you think suits this type of upload, please feel free to share it with me Smiley.

I completely understand about the *warning* idea. I had considered putting one in the title and post, but after checking that the content was okay to post here, I felt that the title Behind Closed Doors should suffice. After all as you said it gives the implication of being something 'adult'.  

That being said, I am happy to add a warning if people would prefer that.

It's great that some MBP perpetrators have been prevented from doing further harm in your area Cheesy It's definitely a credit to your community, because as I said, often MBP goes unrecognised and children suffer.

Thanks again Smiley

[/SIZE]
ladystrange

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 09:56:33 am »

Quote from: StaceyV10389;589890
Thanks comicheroin Smiley

ladystrange, thank you as well. I do have some more in the works at the moment and I'd definitely consider any requests, so if you have something that you think suits this type of upload, please feel free to share it with me Smiley.

I completely understand about the *warning* idea. I had considered putting one in the title and post, but after checking that the content was okay to post here, I felt that the title Behind Closed Doors should suffice. After all as you said it gives the implication of being something 'adult'.  

That being said, I am happy to add a warning if people would prefer that.

It's great that some MBP perpetrators have been prevented from doing further harm in your area Cheesy It's definitely a credit to your community, because as I said, often MBP goes unrecognised and children suffer.

Thanks again Smiley

Count me as one vote for a small warning of some sort.  But then, I'm a very emotional person, so maybe it's just me.:happy8:

As for suggestions, I was actually thinking about an anorexic teen girl and maybe someone suffering from depression, although I'm not sure how you'd frame the depression in the context of the game to portray it.  If you do use depression, I'd like to suggest you give them a pet (if you have Pets).  You obviously do research and there's quite a bit of info on how pets are beneficial to people suffering from depression.

And, actually, by 'adult' I meant, 'naughty'.  Like maybe the Mrs. was a part-time dominatrix.  I guess I'm a kinky, emotional person.:doh:
StaceyV10389

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:34 pm »

Quote from: ladystrange;590043

As for suggestions, I was actually thinking about an anorexic teen girl and maybe someone suffering from depression, although I'm not sure how you'd frame the depression in the context of the game to portray it.  If you do use depression, I'd like to suggest you give them a pet (if you have Pets).  You obviously do research and there's quite a bit of info on how pets are beneficial to people suffering from depression.

And, actually, by 'adult' I meant, 'naughty'.  Like maybe the Mrs. was a part-time dominatrix.  I guess I'm a kinky, emotional person.:doh:

Your definitely spot on with the anorexia and depression uploads; both are my next projects Cheesy The pet suggestion is also good, I will definitely put a pet in the depression upload.

Definitely didn't anticipate that it might be precieved as 'naughty' Cheesy But I do understand that it could be precieved that way Smiley

[/SIZE]
baby_gurl_2006

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:04 am »

ur sims are sooooooo beautiful,i will defenatly{howeva u spell it,lol}give her a loving home
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 08:07:48 pm »

I can't wait for your next family.
CBryant911

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 07:23:45 pm »

You Done A Pretty Good Job!
:goodjob:

Cody Bryant
Pages: [1] 2
  Print