Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:17:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tangled: Chapter 2 "A Night To Remember"  (Read 8124 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 09:49:22 am »

Glad you're enjoying it!

...enjoying the game.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 07:51:54 pm »

Chapter Two: A Night to Remember

The next day Madeline woke up still tired from the day before, her mind still spinning. She thought she dreamt of a girl, but couldnt remember any details. She would begin this day as she did every other with a strict workout routine and breakfast...

During her workout, Madeline began thinking out loud..

"What if they never find the killers of this girl?"

"Maybe I shouldnt be so friendly with all these guys when there are murderers on the loose."

"I bet if I had've just kept driving a little bit more I would have found that club."

“I wonder why I haven’t met any women yet..”

“Not that I would complain if there were only hot guys in this town.. I wonder how mom is doing, I should call her.”

Madeline's phone began to ring which startled her and she fell to the floor with a thud. "Mom?" she whispered thinking her mother had somehow heard her need to call her. Madeline collected herself from the floor and made her way to her bedroom to grab the phone before the voicemail picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello Madeline? Its George, how are you?"

"Oh i'm fine, thank you."

"You sound out of breath, is everything okay?"

"Oh yeah sure George, I was just working out and had to run to the phone, so did you guys have fun last night?"

"Yeah we missed you! Ross told me you got lost, sorry about that, I told him we should have just come and got you, the place is kinda hard to find."

"Its okay, I needed the sleep anyway, im sure i'll find my way to that club eventually."

"Say Madeline listen, I wanted to stop by a little later, will you be busy?"

Madeline couldnt help but to wonder why.. after all, she just met him yesterday and today he wants to stop by? For what? The company, however, would be nice. She debated how to answer him...

"Oh I should be here, just going to unpack the rest of my things."

"Good, Im gonna run down to the store, should I just call when i'm on my way"

"That sounds good to me George"

"See you later"

"See ya"

As Madeline hung up she cursed herself. She should have told him she would be busy, she didnt want to get too close. She was beginning to feel uneasy and she wasnt sure why. All she knew was she was getting more and more suspicious over the course of the morning as she had no idea who this "Spider" person could be. She tried almost successfully to convince herself it was just someone back home, but the idea of some stranger following her would creep back into her mind, especially since she knew more about this unsolved murder... Madeline decided she needed to shower and eat and hopefully get her mind off things.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:59:29 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 08:39:39 pm »

oooh! The plot thickens! ^^
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 08:47:59 pm »

After her shower Madeline walked out to grab the mail, anticipating what new bills she'd be responsible for now that she was living in a house. She was expecting the bills to be huge compared to her measly phone and cable bill in her cramped studio apartment back in Westport.

Madeline was relieved to see nothing but junk mail, laughing to herself at it being the first time she was ever happy to have only junk mail arrive.
Something caught her eye however..

A very small white envelope with no return address.
Madeline brought the mail inside and placed it on the coffee table.
Hesitant to open the letter.. she thought "no return address huh?"
She shrugged it off and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast..

As she baked her croissants she kept repeating the letters "A-R-A-C" to herself, turning them into anagrams, thinking maybe the killers were being creative.. No matter how many times she rearranged the letters, she couldnt figure it out.. What was the message the killers were trying to convey? And why was she so interested in this story?

Madeline was clueless as she gulped down her food. She looked up from her empty plate to see the plain white envelope waiting for her on the coffee table .. she put her plate in the dishwasher and grabbed it opening it slowly and methodically.. she unfolded the letter and abruptly dropped it to the floor..

You have 1 new message

"Oh my God.. this cant be.." She whispered in disbelief

"It couldnt be Spider.. he cant know my address..."
she kept whispering as she logged on to her laptop.

Madeline was shaking as she opened her messenger finding a message waiting for her..

Good morning sunshine...

Madeline grew furious as the following dialogue appeared across the screen:

Madeline: WHO ARE YOU!
Spider: *smiles*
Madeline: This is NOT funny, how do you know I moved? How did you get my address??
Spider: I am just a friendly neighbor Madeline and I wanted to welcome you to your new home. I was too nervous to simply stop by as the others did.
Madeline: How did you know about that? WHO ARE YOU!

Madeline was terrified, but growing more and more angry as the conversation ensued

Spider: You know me very well Madeline.
Madeline: If I did would I be asking? Listen, this is harrassment, I could call the cops
Spider: But you wont will you Madeline?

Madeline: I will!
Spider: Do not be afraid my dear, I wish not to harm you, only welcome you.
Madeline: I just want to know who you are, you're scaring me..

Spider has signed out.

Madeline was petrified and confused.. lost in her thoughts, lost in "Spider", afraid for her safety..

Just then the doorbell rang, she knew it was George, maybe he could help her make some sense of it all..
She walked to the door peering out of the window just to be sure its him, he waved to her as she opened the door.

"Hey Madeline, I know I was gonna call first my cell is dead, gotta charge it"

"Dont worry about that, come in"

Madeline let him in noticing him staring at her..

"Are you okay? You're so pale.. whats wrong"

"Just a crazy email... I keep getting messages from some "Spider" guy"

The smile immediately left George's face as he stammered over his words..

"Probably s..s..spa.. spam.. probably just spam Madeline, crazy people all over the net.. Um.. I brought wine? Want a glass?"

Madeline was hoping he would be more supportive than that not noticing the abrupt change in his demeanor. She was sure it wasnt spam, but now she was hesitant to tell him more. She didnt want him to think she was crazy. She headed to the kitchen for wine glasses and responded

"Well I know its not spam.. the guy is just.. just .. he knows a lot George"...

"You know Madeline I have a crazy internet story.."

Madeline brought the wine glasses over to where George was sitting on the carpet and listened..

"I met this girl right.. I forget the screen name she used.. It was in some random chat room.. she had some picture up of this beautiful girl.. so yeah, I guess she peaked my interest.. but she kept pressing me for my phone number right?"

"yeah.."

"Well I gave it to her.. and she called.. but I kid you not Madeline, when she called she sounded like my GRANDMOTHER"

"OH MY GOD you're kidding!!" Madeline and George laughed together as any thought of spider quickly left her mind..

"yeah, oh it was crazy, and she KEPT calling too, I had to get my number changed, Ross made fun of me forever.."

The two continued to laugh as they sipped wine and talked of all the craziness to be found on the internet. About an hour passed before they even realized it.

"Oh man, hey Madeline I have to run but ... the reason I came over... I need to tell you something very important.."

"Yeah what is it?" Madeline grew incredibly nervous..

"I was driving past your place last night after the club and saw a guy... I see him around here all the time, we all do.. but.. he was just standing there.. by your window. I dont know what he was doing.. he was just standing there"

"Oh my God George!"

"Listen Madeline, dont be scared, I flashed my lights at him and he took off ... he's just some guy we always see.. wanted to give you a heads up. Just throw something at him and he'll leave, trust me"

"Well who the hell is he?"

"I think he's homeless.. its really not serious, I just wanted to let you know.."

"Well thank you, but im still worried.."

"Gotta run, listen we dont live too far apart, if you see the guy just call me, i'll run him down with my truck."

George gave Maddie a sly wink and a pat on the shoulder as he waved goodbye..

She figured if she had just told him the whole story about Spider, then maybe he would have taken it more seriously.. She was a nervous wreck as she locked the door behind George and watched him drive off in his beat up pick up truck...

She walked into the living room thinking to herself..
"What if its Spider...."

There had to be a way to find out...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:09:15 pm by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 08:53:23 pm »

OMG! Wow.. I just thought about how ARAC are the first letters of Arachnid, and spiders are arachnids. 0.o Sheesh, I can't believe I caught onto something like that. Normally I'm so slow in stories!

^^ I'm completely intrigued. It just keeps getting better!
babyblueheart

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 09:17:31 am »

Wow. That was great! Smiley

"out of all the lies you've told, i love you was my favorite."
"And he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar/the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart"

Rest in Peace, Caleb Joshua 1/10/04-4/6/08
Join "America's Prom Queen" on NOW
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 05:54:56 pm »

This is really great, I wanna know more about this Spider guy.

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 09:02:52 am »

Eee! Scary.. I can almost feel spiders crawling all over me.

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
"No! It's a family show!"
"Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?"--RADIOLAND MURDERS
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: