Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 05:54:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ: How do I change a residential to a community lot and vice-versa?  (Read 24296 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:19:54 pm »

Go to Sim a Little Dream a Lot - click the "Sims 2" icon at the top, look for "Hacks/Mods" on the right hand side, click it - download the "Lot Setup Collection" - unzip & install this in your Collections folder:

PCs: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections

Macs: Home/EA Games/The Sims 2/Collections

Nota Bene: If you have OFB you may need to patch the game for MoveObjects to work as used in this tutorial!  get the OFB update here: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/ -- If you have installed Pets EP AFTER installing OFB, then this patch will already have been installed.

Mac-users should check the Aspyr website for similar updates.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:26:25 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:21:06 pm »

To change a commercial lot to residential:

[*]Start the game
    [*]While in build/place-lots mode enter the Community lot
    [*]once you are in the lot press CTRL+ALT+C
    [*]in the cheat/debug console type "ChangeLotZoning residential" (no quotes)
    [*]save and exit the lot
    [*]re-enter the lot still in build/place-lots mode
    [*]press CTRL+ALT+C
    [*]in the cheat/debug console type "moveObjects on" (no quotes)
    [*]delete the payphone and community trash can
    [*]open the collections folder and locate the collection with the trash can icon, select it
    [*]place the mailbox and the trash can with one free grid between them
    [*]press CTRL+ALT+C
    [*]in the cheat/debug console type "moveObjects off" (no quotes)
    [*]save the lot and exit to the neighbourhood view
    [/LIST]

that's all

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
    BeosBoxBoy
    Silent

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 02:22:51 pm »

To change a residential lot to commercial:

NOTA BENE: You must not have Sims on this lot!!  They will be hidden from view in most cases and unplayable!!

[*]Start the game
      [*]While in build/place-lots mode enter the Residential lot
      [*]once you are in the lot press CTRL+ALT+C
      [*]in the cheat/debug console type "ChangeLotZoning community" (no quotes)
      [*]save and exit the lot
      [*]re-enter the lot still in build/place-lots mode
      [*]press CTRL+ALT+C
      [*]in the cheat/debug console type "moveObjects on" (no quotes)
      [*]delete the mailbox and trash can
      [*]open the objects and locate the pay phone and place it between the street and the sidewalk.
      [*]locate the community trash can and place it with one free grid between the pay phone and the community trash can.
      [*]press CTRL+ALT+C
      [*]in the cheat/debug console type "moveObjects off" (no quotes)
      [*]save the lot and exit to the neighbourhood view
      [/LIST]

that's all

BeosBoxBoy
      Silent

View Profile WWW
      « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 06:11:01 pm »

I wouldn't slap a leper's dog with Pets EP or Bon Voyage EP, and frankly refuse to install either on my computer.  All I can tell you is that EA says these cheats work in both.

There have been significant changes in the manner the game handles collection files since the release of Pets EP, Seasons EP, and (especially) Bon Voyage EP.  You may find that the collection files suggested above no longer work as we have historically enjoyed them working.  There's nothing I or anyone not associated with the development team at EA can do about the basic internal coding of the game; perhaps some mod master might be able to make things the way they were, but, for myself, I am happy as a hog in slop without the Pets EP or Bon Voyage EP.

If I want to destroy my sanity, I have easy recourse to that by calling various family members and asking them for an opinion of my moral hygiene.  If I want to screw up my computer, I find it easier to just open the case while it is running and take a big long draft beer whiz into the case.  That being stated, I wish you a hearty Bonne chance et bon voyage!

Pages: [1]
        Print  

Jump to: